PDA

View Full Version : contact in kentucky

safetman1
09-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Not sure of the details, but heard there was a contact in Kentucky with a contract crew from Florida. If I hear of the details I will post. Be safe

iceman1
09-20-2008, 03:43 PM
i also heard the same thing,heard he was working on secondaries somehow came in contact with primary,sad to say he passed last night

Heavy
09-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Hey this is in my neck of the woods, Please more details, location, power co. ??????

shaun
09-20-2008, 04:57 PM
I didn;t get a chance to read it yet but.... http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/ky/news3.shtml

Heavy
09-20-2008, 05:56 PM
thanks for the info.

safetman1
09-20-2008, 11:53 PM
He worked for a contract crew in Florida the company name was AUS. I also heard he got into secondaries. I am trying to get more info so we can alicate some money. We have a lineman's assistance fund thru FMEA. Any info would be great.

CPOPE
09-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Storm recovery turns fatal as line worker dies in PRP
By Dan Klepal • dklepal@courier-journal.com • September 20, 2008

A utility worker from Florida helping Louisville Gas & Electric Co. restore power after Sunday's windstorm died last night of possible electrocution, Louisville Metro Police said.

The incident happened just after 8:30 p.m. in the 6600 block of Huff Lane in the Lake Dreamland area north of Pleasure Ridge Park, said police spokeswoman Alicia Smiley. The worker, who was described as being in his mid- to late 20s, was pronounced dead at Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital, she said.

Smiley said an autopsy would be performed to determine the cause of death.

LG&E has 1,900 people working on the power restoration effort -- with 1,600 of them coming from out of town.

Calls to LG&E were not immediately returned last night.

The death is the fourth in the Louisville area attributed to the storm. The day it hit, 10-year-old Frederick Wilson of Shelby County died after being struck by a limb that broke off a tree in the wind. Another person in Clark County, Ind., was killed by a falling tree. On Wednesday, Kristen Michelle Estes, 22, of Louisville, died after being exposed to carbon monoxide from an emergency generator inside her home

CPOPE
09-21-2008, 06:24 PM
He worked for a contract crew in Florida the company name was AUS. I also heard he got into secondaries. I am trying to get more info so we can alicate some money. We have a lineman's assistance fund thru FMEA. Any info would be great.

You might try contacting the Utility the contractor was working for more info.

David Guy
LG&E Energy
820 West Broadway
Louisville KY 40202

Day Phone 502-627-4104
Night Phone 502-454-0560
Cell Phone 502-817-2442
Pager 502-332-6015
Fax 502-627-2115
E-mail david.guy@eon-us.com

Charles Hudson
LG&E Energy
manager network restoration
820 West Broadway
Louisville KY 40202

Day Phone 502-627-3255
Night Phone 502-459-5398
Cell Phone 502-643-5561
Pager 502-621-2799
Fax 502-627-3422
E-mail charles.hudson@eon-us.com

CPOPE
09-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Stephen Allen McMath, 28, of Vero Beach, Fla., a contract worker for Louisville Gas & Electric

http://m.courier-journal.com/news.jsp?key=321307&rc=br

Mayor helps with cleanup after storm
By Antwon Pinkston apinkston@courier-journal.com The Courier-Journal
September 20, 2008 10:26 AM

As Louisville Mayor Jerry Abramson helped residents clean up debris from Sunday's windstorm today, he stressed the importance of safety. "I want to remind folks that downed power lines are dangerous, and I urge that people stay away from them and report it to LG&E," he said. In emphasizing safety, he cited the death Friday night of utility worker Stephen Allen McMath, 28, of Vero Beach, Fla., a contract worker for Louisville Gas & Electric who was working to restore power to the Lake Dreamland area. Meanwhile, LG&E reported that 52,000 customers remained without power tonight, down from more than 300,000 initially. Jefferson County Deputy Coroner Rita Taylor said the medical examiner called McMath's death consistent with electrocution, but she added that the official cause is pending further study. McMath was working in the 6600 block of Huff Lane when the incident occurred about 8:30 p.m., Louisville Metro Police spokeswoman Alicia Smiley said. McMath was taken to Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital, where he was pronounced dead shortly before 9 p.m. LG&E spokesman Chip Keeling said McMath was among 2,000 workers from 12 states working to restore power. He said McMath was a contractor for Advanced Utilities Services of Melbourne, Fla. "Safety is our number one concern with our linemen," Keeling said. "We have safety supervisors that are constantly out with the crews to make sure they have the proper safety equipment." He said that mutual-assistance program restoration workers, including McMath, have to complete two hours of training before they can work for the company. He said workers are provided with an armband so supervisors can identify them as having completed the training, but he was not sure if McMath had one. McMath's death was the sixth in the Louisville area linked to the storm.