PDA

View Full Version : Going for it

Philangelus9
10-06-2008, 12:21 PM
I am new to line work and this site. My great grandfather as well as my grandfather were both linemen. I have no experience at all in this field but I am going for it! I go for the CAST test in Edison, New Jersey this Thursday. Does anyone have any tips on this test and preparing for it. I am going for the 5 year apprenticship with PSE&G in southern NJ. I am not so much afraid of heights or electricity as I am of failure. I really want this and I will do whatever it takes. Thanks.

Pootnaigle
10-06-2008, 07:44 PM
If your Great Grandfather was a lineman then just stop and think that everything you will ever do with a piece of equipment he hadda do manually. Dig a hole, set a pole, hang a transformer, There were no buckets, The best equipment he had was probably a team of mules. With this being said, You should find very few tasks that just cant be done or are too hard.He hadda have a head on his shoulders and a never say die attitude, You should strive to do the same.

CPOPE
10-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Preparation Booklets

Preparation booklets and practice tests are available for the majority of the selection assessments at electric rtilities: MASS (Power Plant Maintenance positions), POSS (Plant Operators), CPMR (Meter Readers), CSR (Customer Service Representatives), and CAST (Construction and Skilled Trades positions).
Use this link to access preparation booklets: www.eei.org/testingbrochures

At the login, use:

Username: reno
Password: tahoe
*All preparation booklets are currently not available online.

Practice Tests

Practice tests are available for the following EEI tests: MASS (Power Plant Maintenance positions), POSS (Plant Operators), and CAST (Construction and Skilled Trades positions).

Please use this link for the practice tests: www.eei.org/practicetests/

At the login, use:

Username: reno
Password: tahoe