PDA

View Full Version : State Approved Journeyman Lineman card?

PA BEN
02-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Can a Person get a State Approved Journeyman Lineman card without going through an Apprenticeship? I mean Schooling and the whole 9 yards. In my State the only way to get a State approved Journeyman Lineman card is by going through an apprenticeship.

thrasher
02-06-2009, 11:37 AM
PA BEN
I don't know the rules in your state but a few years ago we had a similar request here. We had hired an experienced Journeyman from a contractor, but he did not have a Journeyman card which he wanted. We contacted the State Labor Board and they told him that we could sign off on all the OJT and skills test if we felt he was qualified however he would have to do all the on-line bookwork. He did all the on-line bookwork in about 8 months and three months later had his state issued Journeyman card.

Edge
02-06-2009, 04:18 PM
yeah pretty much what Thrasher said is right on here in Va. but it is a right to work state also so that may have something to do with it... I know years ago when I lived in Pa. (local 126) the only way to do it was through a recognized apprenticeship

for whatever it's worth to ya bro,

Edge