PDA

View Full Version : Heres a Thought, Employee Free Choice Act Vs Secret Ballot For Contract Vote

weevy
03-24-2009, 09:34 PM
This bill is so hypocritical it isn't even worth the paper it is written on. I think this is such a joke I want to laugh my a$$ off.

The unions have spent my hard earned money that is in union dues to dream up this wonderful thing call an Employees Free Choice Act, if the law was enacted it would allow employees to choose a union a shop by a majority signing, no more secret ballot. Now here is the kick in nuts, as you are signing either for or against the union, it is being turned in where the union thugs or leaders are viewing how you signed yea or nay. Here is the critical point and a biggie in my book.

NOW WHEN IT COMES TO VOTING ON A VERY IMPORTANT CONTRACT, THE UNIONS WANT THEIR MEMBERS TO VOTE FOR THE CONTRACT BY SECRET BALLOT. THEY MAIL THE BALLOT TO YOUR HOUSE AND YOU ARE GOING TO VOTE ON THE CONTRACT, CHECK EITHER YES OR NO AND THEN MAIL IT BACK.. NOW THEY WILL HAVE MEMBERS VOTING ON THE CONTRACT WHEN THEY ARE EITHER MISINFORMED, WERE LIED TO BY THEIR LEADERSHIP,OR NEVER WENT TO THE DOG AND PONY SHOW TO HAVE THE LEADERSHIP TRY TO SELL THEM THE GARBAGE CONTRACT.

THEY DON'T WANT THEIR MEMBERS TO VOTE FOR A CONTRACT AT THE HALL BY A SHOW OF HANDS. BUT ITS OKAY THAT THE UNIONS WANT A LAW TO HAVE TO DO AWAY WITH THE SECRET BALLOT TO VOTE A UNION IN, BUT RATHER A CARD SIGNING PARTY.

WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS CRAP IS GETTING RIDICULOUS, THE UNIONS NEED TO CONCENTRATE ON THEIR MEMBERS RATHER THAN TRYING TO INCREASE THEIR RANK AND FILE

mainline
03-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Bub, You are the type of member who is killing unions. I here it at work from some of the company suck pumps about how the union does nothing for them while reaping the benefits of contracts. I doubt very much that you have been part of an organizing drive, if you had your tune would be different. I don't even know why I waste the breath. If you have sucha problem with your local either fix it or leave and work non-union. I doubt that either one of those will happen though. Usually people like you just continue to whine.

Figurehead
03-27-2009, 04:14 AM
Weevy,
Grow a set and quit your bellyaching. Post a profile and take a stand, be accountable. You don't like where you work? Either quit and hit the books or resolve to influence change. Don't stir it just to smell it. It's clear you're angry with employers and union alike. Do something besides complain. Start with recognizing that what you're posting is being noticed. Could you tell your rep that to his face? How about your employer? Been on the negotiating committee, e-board, a steward, helped organize a unit, attend meetings?

PA BEN
03-27-2009, 08:37 AM
How many members read the new contract before they vote on it. If the negotiating team says it's a good contract, "VOTE YES", and they do without reading it. You get what you get. A no vote can go along ways.:eek: Sharpen your pencil and get back to the table.

Boomer gone soft
04-01-2009, 09:31 AM
Bout 5% Ben.
SAD.
They just go by the "Majority speak". And what the 'Brotherhood" tells them is, the "Best we can get".:( ibew......:mad:

From the authority on unionism.:rolleyes:

graybeard
04-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Ok I'm going to jump into this one. Swamp if you don't want to work in a union shop, so be it. Would rather you did, I'm sure you would be an ACTIVE member if you were. As far as ANYONE who takes a job with any company that has a union and doesn't want to pay union dues but are more than happy to reap the benies and then cry about the union SHOULD QUIT AND LOOK FOR A JOB ELSEWERE. A fair days pay for a fair days work is all you can ask for. Just ask for what you got coming and don't have a screw the company and we would all be better off.