PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone Thinking About Coming To Work At Mid American Energy Or Pacifcorp

johnnyhighliner
04-22-2009, 10:05 PM
HEY JUST WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU ARE ENTERTAINING THE THOUGHT OF COMING TO EITHER MID AMERICAN ENERGY OR PACIFICORP. IT APPEARS AFTER THE LAST CONTRACT VOTE THAT OCCURRED ON FRIDAY, APRIL 17TH 2009 IT MAY NOT BE A GOOD CHOICE IF YOU HAVE TRADITIONAL BENEFITS. THAT IS A COMPANY THAT REWARDS ITS EMPLOYEES FOR THEIR HARD WORK. AND NOT WANTING UNION MEMBERS TO VOTE THEIR BENNYS AWAY.

IT LOOKS LIKE THE EXISTING WORKFORCE, THAT IS THE ONES NOT OVER 50 ARE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO RETIRE FROM EITHER OF THESE COMPANY'S.

YOU SEE THAT LAST CONTRACT VOTE HAD LANGUAGE EITHER THEIR THAT WOULD BE LEFT UP TO THE COMPANY TO INTERPRET IT. IT REALLY LACKS ANY SUBSTANCE WHEN IT COMES TO PENSIONS. IT STATES THAT THEIR WILL BE A GRANDFATHER CLAUSE. IT APPEARS THAT WILL BE A MATTER OF INTERPRETATION.

SEVERE CHANGES ARE COMING TO PENSIONS, AND BENEFITS.

IS ANYONE THINKING ABOUT COMING TO THESE 2 COMPANIES TO WORK FOR.

NEW HIRES GET ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. THE UNION LEADERSHIP AND MEMBERSHIP VOTED AGAINST NEW HIRES OF GETTING ANYTHING EXCEPT IF THEY PUT MONEY INTO IT. THAT IS 401K PLAN.

THAT IS ONLY IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO PUT MONEY IN IT.

IF YOU ARE WORKING SOMEWHERE ELSE STICK IT OUT. DON'T COME TO THIS COMPANY.

YOU NOT ONLY ARE FIGHTING THE COMPANY BUT IT APPEARS THE UNION LEADERSHIP AND MEMBERSHIP HAVE THROWN IN THE TOWEL:mad:

IT WON'T BE LONG AT THIS COMPANY BEFORE ALL YOUR BENEFITS VACATION, SICK LEAVE, WILL BE VOTED AWAY

mx-5
04-22-2009, 10:09 PM
fpl did that to new hires back in the 90's..no pension..and our sick time,which i was told 25 years ago we would strike for,has been voted away......what's next??..:eek:

Patriot
04-23-2009, 08:43 AM
Keep in mind the above mentioned company just fired a 37 year employee for first offense, breaching minimum approach distance.

ezlife41
04-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Brothers what a joke. We used to be brothers at one time. Seems like more and more we are screwing ourselves. How else would management know if our own brothers (ha ha ha ) wouldn't open there company c---- suckers. And as far as getting screwed on contracts is the union bodys' fault. For letting people other than lineman represent us. Read another linemans comments that were true and I stick by it. Some if you are spineless and stand at tailboards and bitch about all the problems but when you need to confront management you stick your tail between your legs and run and hide. You let someone else do your fighting. Chicken shits. That's why sometimes we have operators and so on and so forth representing us at the table and they have no clue what line work is all about. Or we let some dummy uneducated lineman in there coz' he knows no better. Yea let him get in trouble with management. I don't want management to think bad about me. I will always be a yes man. Ha Ha bothers my ass. That,s why I tell these new guys that want to get in the trade get a damn eduction, that way you understand a contract when you read it. Language in a contract means alot no matter what it is. I was a shop Steward for 8 yrs I know what I;m telling you. The only thing we lost once was no increase on our clothing allowance. In three negotiations. Two negotiations one utility and one on another. Did reap anything out of it yea I did to see my fellow lineman enjoy their job and Benefits. So think about about it specially you green lineman under ten years in the trade (yea you) stick your neck out for a change and don;t be a bin lineman and hide behind the truck and let some one else stick their necks out for you..That's what I like about outside work now if you don't put out your out your not working for me. I have fired several lineman coz' of lack of interest. Out here you can't hide behind the union like in the utilities. They protect the wrong people anymore. Get your heads out .