PDA

View Full Version : thanks lu499

15%
04-23-2009, 03:59 PM
I started at a local utility in '71 Des Moines IA which was the best of the best for all union members for the fact the "old timers" were all the same. Their agenda was to be the best & have the best for all of us. They weren't just happy to have the job. The company was happy to have them working. From my first trip outin a gas truck my foreman said, "kid you need to go to the electric". Those Journeyman are the reason we make the $. I'm a lineman & have been for 32 yrs. I attended union mtgs when young and old. Here today the young don't even know where the hall is located. The old are still fighting for union. I know I'm a steward & fought & fought & fought some more, usually standing alone. The old are hanging on not much fight left in them. Very proud of LU499 & 109 barganing committee not to recommend pkg. I.O. rep district 11 took the power from the committee speaking at DSM mtg - no sanction will come in & put you to work. MidAmerican is owned & operated by 4 stockholders none of whom are businessmen but investors. They haven't had an elec rate increase in 8+ yrs but have record profits capitalizing on Govt guarentee profit, gas rates, & take away from both the company & union. This company is VERY wealthy & don't have to use concessions to stay profitable. It's because they can. This is a prime example of America's capitolism. The membership is giving it away. I can only imagine that Weevy is disgruntaled in big business at both MidAmerican & IBEW. The yound need to fight, be active and get involved inside and outside of the union at all levels. Unions are right and company's are wrong. Have we forgot we are the union U & I will make change, DON'T fail again.
Thanks LU499 old timer's for all of our conditions we have today because of you the young have bargaining power to give them back.

mx-5
04-24-2009, 04:21 PM
tell us all something we don't know...greed,greed and more greed...

weevy
04-24-2009, 10:40 PM
I COULDN'T AGREE MORE WITH THE COMMENTS PLACED BY 15%. I KNOW WHAT THE 15% MEANS, IT WAS THE MID AM ENERGY'S BONUS PAYOUT FOR THOSE THAT ARE OR WERE WILLING TO RETIRE PRIOR TO THIS LAST SELLOUT OF A CONTRACT THAT GOT SHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS OR UP OUR A$$. TAKE YOUR PICK.

THIS LOCAL THAT WE BELONG TO IS FALLING APART!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS PEOPLE THINKING THESE DAYS. IS JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER WEEK? IT SURE SEEMS LIKE IT IS GETTING THIS WAY.:mad:

Patriot
06-11-2009, 12:05 AM
I was listening to a radio talk show today. Buffett was being interviewed, and was asked why he was ending employee pensions. His reply, as best as I recall, and almost quote, "The unions voted out the pensions"! My jaw hit the floor! What a line, and a wise reply, yes the unions did vote it out!

BigClive
06-11-2009, 04:32 AM
I'm sure "Buffett" has a pension. A huge pension.

You guys need a new union that demands proper respect for the people who actually build society.

Because of the way things work in the UK and the range of work I do, I'm in two different unions. One is for the entertainment industry. It just blows the old rotten "all trades" union out of the window. I'm in the freelance division of the union and get all material relating to freelance electricians. That includes texts letting me know of "situations" and of emergency meetings to deal with them. This particular union is very much for the protection of the workers. I wish the old electrical union (EETPU) was still around in it's original form, but it ain't.

So who does he IBEW represent? I get the feeling that some branches are "run" by the power companies.