PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up

woodwalker4life
08-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Im a contractor from the south, and the the word around the campfire some companys are moving north due to all the union issues. i hate to see it. but more and more contracts are being sent this way making us head that way penn. WATCHOUT SEC southern eletric is heading your way they are the worst contractor with one of the worst safety records.

LINCRW
08-11-2009, 09:18 PM
What would the advantage be to moving North?

MEGA81
08-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Im a contractor from the south, and the the word around the campfire some companys are moving north due to all the union issues. i hate to see it. but more and more contracts are being sent this way making us head that way penn. WATCHOUT SEC southern eletric is heading your way they are the worst contractor with one of the worst safety records.

I would also have to wonder..

1. Who is moving there work "up north" the south is dominated by non union contractors. Bringing me to..

2. I agree with the other post, why would going north help? thats like the lions den for non union contractors. Most areas outside of the south have an equal market share, if not overwhelmingly union market share. So....that wont work at all. Please clarify.

woodwalker4life
08-15-2009, 03:45 PM
All in saying ,southern contractors are soon to be thrown into the lions den. With what ive read here some unions are pickiting.These companys are bringing in southern contractors to cross the lines. Alot of southern contractors dont care about the lines or weather its a union company or not. There just tryin to feed thers familys. The northern companys are sending contracts for us to bid on. The economy here has layed off alot of contracting lineman so they would jump at the chance if givin the chance to go back to work and go have to go north they would and they are. The company my brother works for just got a contract to send linecrews from miss. to go to work for some company in penn. so when i say southern contractors are heading north there heading north. The company i work for has crews in kansas and bidding on contracts as far as new jersey and were a southern contractor.

jerseyslave
08-15-2009, 06:30 PM
I know that mastec and chain came north for the penelec strike, and if I ever see them, I will wait for a time to screw with them. Big time. I hear that the scabs that were here were leaving from the pressure of being no ball, scum bag, mother^%&^'s, and knowing that the lineman hear didnt like them.

If you want work, follow the practices of the area you go to. Expect people to be upset if you take the work for less...

woodwalker4life
08-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Sorry jersey there are more to come. Most contractors here have had to layoff up to half of there work force. And they are cut throating there prices just to even get work.So going north is happening and going to keep happening.

Orgnizdlbr
08-15-2009, 10:09 PM
What makes you think the work is any better in the north?

woodwalker4life
08-16-2009, 11:31 AM
I dont know how the work is up north. All this threads about is to let yall know whats happening. Giving you a HEADS UP. My crew is tied down to a certian area. I want to work for a union outfit and i thout id let yall upthere know what was happening. Isnt that what this website is for. Im not heading up there but some companys are.

LINCRW
08-16-2009, 02:00 PM
Jerseyslave,
I've got to admit I don't know what you mean by "screw with them big time". I suspect, but I hope I am wrong, that you mean you look forward to giving the Mastec or Chain guys a hard time because they are working.

I would hope you could treat the linemen of the contractors with civility and respect because they are simply trying to provide a living for their families just as you are for yours.

If you have a problem with someone coming in and doing the work you have traditionally done, or someone crossing a picket line, you should take those issues up with the company you work for.

jerseyslave
08-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Well lincrw, what I mean is that any outfit that has crossed a picket line, such as waters and bugsby, mastec, and chain, as well at the local laborers union here in new jersey, has zero credit with me. So, no cooperation, always labeled a scab, and, they will have to work to the same level of compliance as the utility lineman. And while I understand that they are just trying to provide for their familys and work, they are causing harm to others who are hoping for a decent wage and contract, that they also indirectly they would benefit from.

This has everything to do with the strike.

I have no problem with contractors on the property, and having work for the contractors for a period of time, I would only help and treat them with respect, after walking in their shoes.

As far as taking it up with the company, thats a no hope for obvious reasons, but, the company is driving the contractors away with their treatment of them during storm anyway.

My comments were of this flavor due to the union/nonunion flavor of the thread.

UnionBoomer66
09-08-2009, 12:03 AM
I know that mastec and chain came north for the penelec strike, and if I ever see them, I will wait for a time to screw with them. Big time. I hear that the scabs that were here were leaving from the pressure of being no ball, scum bag, mother^%&^'s, and knowing that the lineman hear didnt like them.

If you want work, follow the practices of the area you go to. Expect people to be upset if you take the work for less...

Bring them on. The expense of guarding your trucks 24/7 from a little fire bomb will sent the mothers south in a hurry.

UnionBoomer66
09-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Jerseyslave,
I've got to admit I don't know what you mean by "screw with them big time". I suspect, but I hope I am wrong, that you mean you look forward to giving the Mastec or Chain guys a hard time because they are working.

I would hope you could treat the linemen of the contractors with civility and respect because they are simply trying to provide a living for their families just as you are for yours.

If you have a problem with someone coming in and doing the work you have traditionally done, or someone crossing a picket line, you should take those issues up with the company you work for.

Not anytime they cross a union picket line. Let them stay in their ratty state and make a living. There are ways to make their life a living hell legally and make them want momma very fast.