PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshooter training programs

T-Man
10-29-2009, 03:15 PM
We are in the process of re-working our trouble training program and I am wondering what other Utilities are doing to get their Troubleshooters up to speed. Any info would be good as far as length and checks and balances to be sure your guys get what they need to do the job.

Thanks in advance.

copperlineman
12-08-2009, 08:33 PM
We are in the process of re-working our trouble training program and I am wondering what other Utilities are doing to get their Troubleshooters up to speed. Any info would be good as far as length and checks and balances to be sure your guys get what they need to do the job.

Thanks in advance.

Hey T-Man, this isn't an easy one to give a simple answer. OJT has to be a big part of the training and my old company did not allow a guy to ride alone, or as lead on a truck, until he had at least 6 months of OJT.
As for some formal training, there can be classroom info for things like fault indicators. There are many types and can trick a shooter easily. Manuals, voltage, current, battery types and a few others. Current reset types may not work right when they're placed in three-phase circuits. Backfeed can reset them. Manuals can trip during cold load pickup or lightning strikes and stay that way until you reset them. Knowing the difference is important.
Using an AB Chance hi-pot adaptor is important, but there's a right and wrong way to use it.
Switching on circuits out of the same station vs different stations, switching with fuses, reclosers, regulators, URD vs overhead, etc. Some of this can be explained in a classroom, but practiced in the field under supervision.
These are just a few items as you probably well know.
I would list the duties your guys are supposed to perform and then tailor the training to cover each of those duties. We had a five day class for newer troublemen (current journeymen) to cover some of this stuff. The class was taught by former T-men who may now be management or union. We also had a few two day refreshers for those special items or to introduce new tools and equipment.

MI-Lineman
12-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Hey T-Man, this isn't an easy one to give a simple answer. OJT has to be a big part of the training and my old company did not allow a guy to ride alone, or as lead on a truck, until he had at least 6 months of OJT.
As for some formal training, there can be classroom info for things like fault indicators. There are many types and can trick a shooter easily. Manuals, voltage, current, battery types and a few others. Current reset types may not work right when they're placed in three-phase circuits. Backfeed can reset them. Manuals can trip during cold load pickup or lightning strikes and stay that way until you reset them. Knowing the difference is important.
Using an AB Chance hi-pot adaptor is important, but there's a right and wrong way to use it.
Switching on circuits out of the same station vs different stations, switching with fuses, reclosers, regulators, URD vs overhead, etc. Some of this can be explained in a classroom, but practiced in the field under supervision.
These are just a few items as you probably well know.
I would list the duties your guys are supposed to perform and then tailor the training to cover each of those duties. We had a five day class for newer troublemen (current journeymen) to cover some of this stuff. The class was taught by former T-men who may now be management or union. We also had a few two day refreshers for those special items or to introduce new tools and equipment.

I've told ya before T that we get NO special t.s. training but we use the Hi Pot adapters for our sticks and actually have had them lie? We put'em on the right way (hard not to since the directions are on the adapter itself) but found that our VON portable thumper doesn't lie when high potting.

You ever had them be wrong copper?

T-Man
12-10-2009, 07:02 AM
I never had a recitfier give me incorrect info. But I have had others tell me they would get a false negative reading especially in damp conditions, In other words the indication was a bad cable when it wasn't which prolonged finding the problem.

MI-Lineman
12-10-2009, 11:16 PM
I never had a recitfier give me incorrect info. But I have had others tell me they would get a false negative reading especially in damp conditions, In other words the indication was a bad cable when it wasn't which prolonged finding the problem.

Yep, that's what we get? I worked in a different headquarters for my first 7 years here at the co. and never had a problem! Had someone here not long after I transfered in that he didn't trust'em cause he got false reads to? I thought he was full of sh!t until it happened to me!:eek: It's happened twice now in less than 2 years?

Hey I was thinkin about how we don't have a trouble shooting training class and what I would want in it if we did! I would definitely want more advanced theory that could be used to show how it relates to trouble calls (and linework in general)? Like how a house with a neutral problem could be using a nearby service, the MANY different causes for those DAMN blinking lites, VOLTAGE DROP ISSUES, and other examples! A theory class that didn't just tell ya Ohm's Law but showed you how to use it in every day work settings! Seems our company just tells ya Ohm's Law and how to use it in series and parallel circuits on paper but not actually out in the field!:mad: I'm personally gettin better with it but I see a lot of guys struggle with it or just shy away from it and just guess what's the issue! Seems the transformer's always the first pick if someone can't figure it out!

I'd also like a GOOD bank trouble shooting class! One that includes finding power grounds! Actually our co. had a crew leader from a headquarters with a lot of 480 banks come to our "training" center to teach a class of apes I was helping with about finding power grounds. After he'd gave what I thought was a great class in and out of the classroom he asked if there were any questions and he got a barrage of general power bank questions because our "LEAD INSTRUCTORS" failure to learn and understand'em themselves!:mad: Ah well, You Know the age old saying..."If ya can't do line work ya might as well.............?:D

T-Man
12-11-2009, 07:46 AM
There is a book called Electrical Essentials for Powerline Workers By Wayne VanSoelen Delmar books and the Field Manual for Powerline Workers by the same fella. I like to use it for a lot of information to explain to trainees. You can fine these on Amazon and I think there even may be used ones that are cheaper.

As far as customer problems like light outs 1/2 light outs, Bright and dim lights. I like to start at the fuse or breaker pannel and look for good voltage working back to the source. If you make consistant tests and work the same way you should find your problem

Loose connections in the pannel will make flickering lights. Some guys wont enter a persons home and mess with their equipment for fear if they break something they will be liable. I never had that problem and was always assured by my company to make the customer happy and if something broke they would cover it. You find bad breakers, screwed up fuse shells, loose connections and anealed switch blades all causing problems. Then I would work out to the meter socket. .keep in mind when you open the service pull the meter and drop load a poor connection will right itself and look good with no load on it, so before you go tearing things apart try to get good test readings with load on. We use a Beast or Super Beast, where we can add load to poor connections to make them open or fail and give themselves up.
If you have a set way to test and work back to the source your bound to find the problem.

You can get a dim light or flicker when an office has a copy machine in it. The heating element on a copier takes some current to stay warm and every so often on a lighter fused circuit the lights will gitter or dim a bit each time this machine heats up.

I can go on and on but the best advice is interview the customer but so don't let them lead you down the wrong path because once you have the solution in your head you will almost never find the answer. . .you just keep heading where you think and not where you need to go. It's tricky my friend but that's what makes it rewarding.

On 480 volt problems we do this:

Testing 480 Volt Services, Looking for a Grounded Leg

Caution: Do not remove energized or de-energized meters for test purposes.
A 480v service is a non-grounded secondary voltage. When energizing a new transformer or a transformer damaged by lightning, open all customer mains and install a temporary ground on one secondary transformer lead before energizing.
The Ground is necessary to cause the transformer fuse to blow if the primary and secondary windings are shorted together. The temporary ground eliminates the possibility for primary voltage being present on the secondary bushings of the transformer. Remove the temporary ground after proper transformer voltage testing is complete.

Testing for a grounded leg

1. Test with a Wiggington, Volt-Con or Ideal Voltage indicator at the customer’s main from a known ground to each phase.
a. If one phase is grounded, typical readings may be 0-480-480 to the three wires.
b. If a grounded leg is present, arrange for an outage and open the customer’s main switches or disconnects. This must be done to determine if a ground is present on utilities equipment.
2. With the customer main disconnects open, test the line side of the disconnects to a known ground.
a. Possible line side voltage test to ground
i. Secondary Clear of grounds
1. AØ- Ground = 0
2. BØ- Ground = 0
3. CØ- Ground = 0

ii. Grounded leg on secondary
1. Grounded Ø- ground = 0
Ø- ground = 480
Ø- ground = 480

b. Leakage voltage may appear with no grounds present when testing the
line side of the disconnect when using sensitive voltmeter, i.e.
Greenlee, Fluke, Simpson etc. This leakage current poses no problem.
You should not read any voltage over 300 volts during the test. Using a
less sensitive meter like a Volt-Con (replaced Wiggington) can
eliminate some of the leakage voltage indications.

3. If the ground is indicated on the line side disconnects, further disconnections and test are necessary.
1. Open connections at the customer’s weatherhead or entrance, and test the service entrance conductors using the we-energies service feed as a source of test voltage. If a grounded leg is found, advise customer to have repairs made to their system. “If further testing is required,”
2. Open connections at the transformer and test the service drop using the transformer bushings for source test voltage.
3. If the service drop test clear of grounds, the grounded leg is caused by customer equipment. Inform the customer of the situation and they should get the repairs made to their equipment.
Troubleshooting with Fuse/s down

When trouble shooting any transformer with fuses down, determine the cause, if it’s wildlife or obvious reasons the fuse blew external to the transformer and the service, isolate the customers load by opening the mains. Install CLF/ELF or remotely close per WP 080-337 in the Trouble Manual and if the fuses hold, test secondary voltage for proper readings. In the case of a 480 volt 3 phase with out grounds, the readings will not be consistent and under 300 volts. If there is a ground present you will read 480- 480 and 0 on the grounded leg as stated above.

climbsomemore
12-11-2009, 01:49 PM
If you get a very long or a very large cable that offers a lot of capacitance you will get a false bad reading from a Hastings High pot adapter.

I dont rely on that tool as more than a "screening" test anyway. If it shows good it simply increases the odds that you can plug the cable section in with out an operation of fuses etc.

If I get a bad indication... it simply tells me I need to bring a "real hi pot" and TDR out and test the cable.

Don't get me started about "power banks" and our "safest gas and electric in America".

If you know why a delta is a delta and a wye is a wye you dont have to "memorize" the 16 most common voltages possible if you mix and match the 2 families of connections with the common voltage windings in common transformers.

I cannot tell you how many company hands have "grown old" pondering of the "floating buss" and never figured out that connection only fits with a wye fed -closed delta secondary.

We paid a company crew for 2 days to figure out how to "get the rotation right" on a new bank. Why? A fine print note in the Standards book implied that the bank would rotate "counterclockwise" and no one knew exactly what the rotation was in reference too... plus no one understood that the electrical could match his motors to "whatever" way they left the bank (as long as the voltages were correct).

The two hermits they had exiled to Midland taught some good classes... and taught folks to think.

climbsomemore
12-11-2009, 02:01 PM
T man...those guys with the Porsche blue and white trucks had all the Wiggens testers taken away many moons ago.

Seems you can't read 4.8Kv with em... so like always... they "made it a rule" and you cant use those on that property.

The folks who tried to read 4.8 Kv with those testers found out how long the solenoid spring was inside those testers however.:rolleyes:

climbsomemore
12-11-2009, 02:14 PM
The blue and white team found out that the Bell system and other phone companies had to test phone enclosures for touch voltage potential before they opened such equimpent.

The company wanted to get really big into joint trench installation as a revenue source. Of course to do the work safely the folks from "tools and methods ( I think myths and mayhem is more like it) were called in to procure the correct test equipment and work plan for that work.

Of course... the additional tasks needed some "safety rules" to govern things... and I got invited to "testify" at a Safety commitee meeting.

The propesed rule got tossed out as an agenda item... for an hour engineers, UNION OFFICERS, "JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN" and a janitor who made up the commitee offered all sorts of insights of the potential and imagined risks affiliated with testing phone plant for "potential". After about 40 minutes of debate the group had nearly reached the opinion that testing a phone pedestal would require a Phasing set, rubber gloves and sleeves and a 80 calorie FR smock.

At that point I raised my hand... after all I'd been called for an opinion.
I read the phone number for the ATT safety manager from my notes ... and simply said "IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW IT'S DONE LETS ASK EM".

To say the turd was in the punchbowl at that point would be enough. I don't think they ever resolved the issue..."grounding...no shorting ...not grounding" of secondary conductors needed some immediate attention.......

climbsomemore
12-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Get 10 guys in a room who think that transformers are "funnels" that you force a lot of electric into and a little comes of of....

I guess the expecting some folks to understand that Induction and capacitance cancel each other out.............

10 years was enough. I still have some of my hair and the ulcer only hurts during the flashbacks

Be safe and merry christmas boys

climbsomemore
12-11-2009, 02:35 PM
we had a 480 volt 3 wire socket you could heat up out back in Midland Training Center.

I dont know how may of those guys nearly pead their pants when I would jumper a hot lug to the pole bond and "NOTHING happened" (of course I had cleared the socket by checking for grounded leg before they came out)

I did that same stunt over in the meter training room on a hot socket. The meter trainer crapped a brick and thought I was gonna burn the building down or some such nonsense.

Every day my lights came on while I lived on that property I was amazed. I guess a broken clock is right twice a day.

climbsomemore
12-11-2009, 02:49 PM
One Sunday I run over to the local mall area... want to by some icecream.

Walk into the local big box store... about 1/3 of the lights seem to be off... get over to the freezer and they are locked up..."freezers off ... cant open em up... got to keep stuff cold"... so I leave without the icecream.

From the parking lot I see a little service bucket prowling. He rides by a PMH switch gear... stops and looks at it. Then he rides across the lot and looks at another one... doesnt get out- just looks.

I get curious so I pull in behind him... he cruised the whole mall area and stopps and looks at all 10 or 13 PMH's in the complex.

I pull up to him..."hey...what ya doin" - "they called me out... I guess there is a problem out here".... Yea. Myers has a leg out... did you check anyting else".... "not really...just looking"....Got a circuit map for this part of town? "na... I dont know that we have any at the shop"... Risers blown? "didnt look.

So I suggest we go over to the store and check the service ( i found out they were the only property to call as they were the only trouble in the area)

The metering was a CT setup..."I cant pull the meter... and I cant test the transformer cause I am alone".

At that point I told him if there was trouble he could greive me... I opened the shorting switch section of the meter cabinet and tested ALL 3 Potential blades for voltage...they were hot.

Did we pull the meter? " "ahhh, NO" That riser pole over there... all closed? "yeah ...looks that way".... I have 3 hot phases at the CT potential... what should that tell us? " blank look and shrugged shoulders"

Then we went up in the back of the store...about 5 minutes and I found a tripped section in the customer switchgear that fed a disconnect marked "freezer". The module had a fuse open that took out out a lighting leg in the building too. Building engineer shows up... works a little bit and we are back in business

Imagine that. He got paid 3 hours of double time and I got my icecream

MI-Lineman
12-11-2009, 05:06 PM
One Sunday I run over to the local mall area... want to by some icecream.

Walk into the local big box store... about 1/3 of the lights seem to be off... get over to the freezer and they are locked up..."freezers off ... cant open em up... got to keep stuff cold"... so I leave without the icecream.

From the parking lot I see a little service bucket prowling. He rides by a PMH switch gear... stops and looks at it. Then he rides across the lot and looks at another one... doesnt get out- just looks.

I get curious so I pull in behind him... he cruised the whole mall area and stopps and looks at all 10 or 13 PMH's in the complex.

I pull up to him..."hey...what ya doin" - "they called me out... I guess there is a problem out here".... Yea. Myers has a leg out... did you check anyting else".... "not really...just looking"....Got a circuit map for this part of town? "na... I dont know that we have any at the shop"... Risers blown? "didnt look.

So I suggest we go over to the store and check the service ( i found out they were the only property to call as they were the only trouble in the area)

The metering was a CT setup..."I cant pull the meter... and I cant test the transformer cause I am alone".

At that point I told him if there was trouble he could greive me... I opened the shorting switch section of the meter cabinet and tested ALL 3 Potential blades for voltage...they were hot.

Did we pull the meter? " "ahhh, NO" That riser pole over there... all closed? "yeah ...looks that way".... I have 3 hot phases at the CT potential... what should that tell us? " blank look and shrugged shoulders"

Then we went up in the back of the store...about 5 minutes and I found a tripped section in the customer switchgear that fed a disconnect marked "freezer". The module had a fuse open that took out out a lighting leg in the building too. Building engineer shows up... works a little bit and we are back in business

Imagine that. He got paid 3 hours of double time and I got my icecream

I was thinking of who that could've been but realized it could be the whole damn department? So never mind! Not important!:D

climbsomemore
12-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Phone rings one afternoon,,,

"what kind of voltage should I get from a wye-wye bank with no neutral connected to it?"

Me... Not sure ... it won't be right and I'd expect it to be very high and not steady.

"uhhhh ...OK. Hey do you know that store out on Eastman?
Me- yea

"we were out there today.. and I blew up a Fluke 12"

Me- Really... what's the story
"we changed the bank during the voltage conversion today... me and "bubba jack" and rickey bob....anyway I wondered what the voltage would be

Me...you didnt hook up the phases and leave the neutral out .....

"ahhh... yea... was that a problem"

Me... did you smoke the meter?

"how did you know that... the screen went black and smoke came out of it"

Me "what would ever posess you to try that?

" I wanted to see what it would read with no neutrals connected"
Me ... Didnt "Ricky Bob" (crew leader) say anything to you before you did it"

"Ricky Bob and "bubba jack" wanted to see what it would do too..."
----------------------------------------------------------------------
God cares for drunks and fools.

MI-Lineman
12-12-2009, 09:35 AM
There is a book called Electrical Essentials for Powerline Workers By Wayne VanSoelen Delmar books and the Field Manual for Powerline Workers by the same fella. I like to use it for a lot of information to explain to trainees. You can fine these on Amazon and I think there even may be used ones that are cheaper.

As far as customer problems like light outs 1/2 light outs, Bright and dim lights. I like to start at the fuse or breaker pannel and look for good voltage working back to the source. If you make consistant tests and work the same way you should find your problem

Loose connections in the pannel will make flickering lights. Some guys wont enter a persons home and mess with their equipment for fear if they break something they will be liable. I never had that problem and was always assured by my company to make the customer happy and if something broke they would cover it. You find bad breakers, screwed up fuse shells, loose connections and anealed switch blades all causing problems. Then I would work out to the meter socket. .keep in mind when you open the service pull the meter and drop load a poor connection will right itself and look good with no load on it, so before you go tearing things apart try to get good test readings with load on. We use a Beast or Super Beast, where we can add load to poor connections to make them open or fail and give themselves up.
If you have a set way to test and work back to the source your bound to find the problem.

You can get a dim light or flicker when an office has a copy machine in it. The heating element on a copier takes some current to stay warm and every so often on a lighter fused circuit the lights will gitter or dim a bit each time this machine heats up.

I can go on and on but the best advice is interview the customer but so don't let them lead you down the wrong path because once you have the solution in your head you will almost never find the answer. . .you just keep heading where you think and not where you need to go. It's tricky my friend but that's what makes it rewarding.

On 480 volt problems we do this:

Testing 480 Volt Services, Looking for a Grounded Leg

Caution: Do not remove energized or de-energized meters for test purposes.
A 480v service is a non-grounded secondary voltage. When energizing a new transformer or a transformer damaged by lightning, open all customer mains and install a temporary ground on one secondary transformer lead before energizing.
The Ground is necessary to cause the transformer fuse to blow if the primary and secondary windings are shorted together. The temporary ground eliminates the possibility for primary voltage being present on the secondary bushings of the transformer. Remove the temporary ground after proper transformer voltage testing is complete.

Testing for a grounded leg

1. Test with a Wiggington, Volt-Con or Ideal Voltage indicator at the customer’s main from a known ground to each phase.
a. If one phase is grounded, typical readings may be 0-480-480 to the three wires.
b. If a grounded leg is present, arrange for an outage and open the customer’s main switches or disconnects. This must be done to determine if a ground is present on we-energies equipment.
2. With the customer main disconnects open, test the line side of the disconnects to a known ground.
a. Possible line side voltage test to ground
i. Secondary Clear of grounds
1. AØ- Ground = 0
2. BØ- Ground = 0
3. CØ- Ground = 0

ii. Grounded leg on secondary
1. Grounded Ø- ground = 0
Ø- ground = 480
Ø- ground = 480

b. Leakage voltage may appear with no grounds present when testing the
line side of the disconnect when using sensitive voltmeter, i.e.
Greenlee, Fluke, Simpson etc. This leakage current poses no problem.
You should not read any voltage over 300 volts during the test. Using a
less sensitive meter like a Volt-Con (replaced Wiggington) can
eliminate some of the leakage voltage indications.

3. If the ground is indicated on the line side disconnects, further disconnections and test are necessary.
1. Open connections at the customer’s weatherhead or entrance, and test the service entrance conductors using the we-energies service feed as a source of test voltage. If a grounded leg is found, advise customer to have repairs made to their system. “If further testing is required,”
2. Open connections at the transformer and test the service drop using the transformer bushings for source test voltage.
3. If the service drop test clear of grounds, the grounded leg is caused by customer equipment. Inform the customer of the situation and they should get the repairs made to their equipment.
Troubleshooting with Fuse/s down

When trouble shooting any transformer with fuses down, determine the cause, if it’s wildlife or obvious reasons the fuse blew external to the transformer and the service, isolate the customers load by opening the mains. Install CLF/ELF or remotely close per WP 080-337 in the Trouble Manual and if the fuses hold, test secondary voltage for proper readings. In the case of a 480 volt 3 phase with out grounds, the readings will not be consistent and under 300 volts. If there is a ground present you will read 480- 480 and 0 on the grounded leg as stated above.

Sounds good T! That's how you and I do it but I would like a T.S. class for all the other employees who may be lacking in this area? I hate it when I go out with someone else and they automatically want to change the tub when the customer says their lites are blinking? I like to hear from the customer too but ya have to make sure when they say blinkin lite they mean just that and not that the lites may be are dimming down or bright dim etc.?

Those were just some examples of what I would like to see in a T.S. class for all of us here but of course that costs money and here at Climbsomemore's favorite place:D they do believe once you get your card they're done with ya!:mad: Even though it's SENIORITY that determines how ya get positions here not knowledge?:eek:

copperlineman
01-02-2010, 11:16 PM
I always liked using the AB Chance Hi Pot Adaptor because it would not damage the cable. It uses the applied voltage and won't "burn" the cable.
I always did two tests using the adaptor. Remember, it's a one-way diode and has to be used properly or it won't give you the correct reading.
Attach the adaptor to the meter stick and attach the meter stick/adaptor to the live source.
Attach the coil stick to the cable being tested.
Watch the dial rise to about 7kv and slowly drop toward zero. If the cable is good, the dial may drop close to or even all the way to zero.
Now, let the cable sit for about a minute and "soak". (it's like leaving water under pressure in a hose to check for a leak.)
Test Two; Attach the meter/adaptor stick to the charged cable. While watching the meter, touch the coil stick to ground. If the cable held the charge for that minute, you will see the dial jump up to around the 5-7kv range and drop back to zero quickly. Watch the dial closely. Short, small cable will discharge very quickly, while long stretches of cable or large cable may take a few seconds. Make sure you connect the cables as noted, or the cable will not show anything and it will remain charged and dangerous because of the one-way diode. A regular analog meter works much better than a digital. You can see the dial move. The digitals are too busy flashing.
It takes both tests to truly check cable for a fault. If the cable holds the charge...it's good. If the charge leaks off during the "soaking" time, it is leaking off through a bad spot, be it small or large. Of course, a cable that won't accept a charge is bad and no further testing is needed.
I'd like to talk banks with you guys, but there's not enough space. My transformer class is three days and covers transformer construction, single phase transformers wired series and parallel, banks wired closed delta, open delta, wye-wye, 480 power in both wye and delta configurations, and grounded or ungrounded corners. I'm amazed at the many ways transformers are used in different systems. We're truly an ingenious bunch.

Trojan
07-05-2011, 11:00 PM
What is a "power ground"? Just curious.

T-Man
07-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Are you sure it's "Power Ground" and not "Power/Ground"?
Power/Ground refers to a simple electrical plug where one side is power and one side ground.

Grounds are on the system to take current to earth when the neutral is open or an imbalance occurs. So grounds never carry current when everything is working properly. Remember, grounds protect life, protect equipment and help equipment operate.

Neutrals carry the unbalanced current of the other phases. You can clamp the neutral and see the difference in current of the phases unless they are equally loaded.

The term Power Ground is like an oximoron,. . . . . or a direct short. . . .

Hope I answered your question.

reppy007
07-08-2011, 03:31 PM
i saw this happen a supervisor created a best practices crew,then after it succeded he said the 1 man crews couldnt spend more than 15 minutes on a job,what can a guy do in 15 mins?wipe his ass fairly well ?this is a warning to you guys,a guy in an office sitting down all his life cant really produce work for me,but it can be done,,just give the boss araise and some colgate and see if his smile doesnt improve.just one thing guys,,,dont complain about your job,if its not safe dont put yourself in that position,but remember this ,when working in a urd transformer,if you get hurt alone ,or with sombody ,the damage is done,once you make a mistake,so dont ever count on the other guy.the one thing that sticks in my mind is this,always have a good attitude on every job,work it safe and do it well , people see this in you and you will be happy everyday when going to work,ask yourself this,do i want to hire a complainer,i dont .we are all good lineworkers but the attitude is what matters most,it doesnt matter if your boss is a goldenboy,what matters is the pride you have to live with,lineman that cry about work need to fill my shoes then ill show him to be thankful for what he has.to put this in a simply matter ,why go to work and not do your best.that would be a waste of time .just give your employers the best that you can.dont worry about the sorry things that go on at the job,change it,do your best.i need some feenback,not backfeed

Fudd29
07-13-2011, 04:58 AM

Thanks in advance.We at Comed have a refresher every year. We go through networks, fusing, midpoint reclosers, lockout tagout etc.

T-Man
07-13-2011, 09:17 AM
We at Comed have a refresher every year. We go through networks, fusing, midpoint reclosers, lockout tagout etc.

Thanks Fudd, That's pretty much what we did every year. I'm retired now so it's someone's chore, but thanks for the response.