PDA

View Full Version : Sag 10 Help

Eng Mansour
12-16-2009, 04:50 AM
Hi everybody,
I need your help about Sag10 where I need to enter the data of a new conductor but I do not know what factors k0,k1,k2,k3,k4,k5, how to calculate them and what is the units of them
Thanks for your time

T-Man
12-16-2009, 06:21 PM
We all work with wire of all sizes, we drag it in for spans from structure to structure, and we all use sag tables for length, wire size and ambient temp. However we each work for different outfits , some contracted and some utilities so not knowing what you are asking in your termds making this a hard question to answer. I'm not familiar with your tems like sag10 nor any of those k numbers you listed. Maybe there would be more constructive info for you if you told us more? Sorry I don't know what your asking. . .

T

I see Edge explains it below and maybe our Designers use that program but our Work procedures have charts we refer to for span length and wire size and sag. . .to each their own.

Edge
12-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Sag10 is an engineering tool developed by Southwire to make it even easier to calculate spans wire load/tension and all that shit... it's actually a nifty tool for those cats...

all that being said...

just plug in the numbers from the wire manufactuer and the program does the rest...

other wise go here

http://www.sag10.com/processChannel.do?channelId=5b2613fd52887110VgnVCM 1000002702a8c0RCRD

hope I did that right...

only reason I know about it is cuz I was peeling out some coated #2 one day and realized that they stamp their inner conductor with their brand name about every 2 ft... I thought it was pretty cool and got some info from them...

was trying to figure out who the crazy sob was that decided to do that.... put their brand name in the one place no one would ever see it....

never did find out...

still kinda cool though

for what it's worth...

Edge

lewy
12-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Swamp In all your years you never used sag charts?

topgroove
12-28-2009, 02:30 PM
sag is critical with transmision .sure with some silly distribution line extension that swamp has worked on, the old take it up till it looks good and take three clicks for what you loose may work. dealing with big transmission projects takes serious engineering. sag charts are critical . Trust me... no one wants to put 1349 Al back up when its zero out with wind chill minus thirty. been there done that.

Highplains Drifter
12-29-2009, 01:24 PM
I always figure a good shake is worth two clicks!!!!:D

tramp67
01-02-2010, 03:40 PM
I always figure a good shake is worth two clicks!!!!:D

Been there many times!:D

neil macgregor
07-09-2010, 04:34 PM
am currently using 430mm conductor most span's are between 150 meters and 200 meters i use sag charts and a rifle sight i get the temp from my jeep ESB's sag charts are very good
couldnt work with out them