PDA

View Full Version : Posting Off-Topic

duckhunter
06-09-2011, 07:23 AM
I've been thinking about this lately. I've complained about it myself. Bu what I realize is that our posting reflects how we communicate in conversations. We may start a topic of discussion that leads us off in other directions. Today at home or at work, pay attention to the conversations you have. If you stay totaly on topic only, people will think you are angry with them.

I think it is up to the person that starts a thread to keep the topic on track if it loses focus.

Any thoughts? I don't see how this can turn politiical, oh what the heck am I saying!

loodvig
06-09-2011, 07:44 AM
I'm guilty of going off topic. A lot of us are! And your right the thread owner could keep it on topic. To some degree!:D

duckhunter
06-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Right....... how?

I say just repost your point. If people don't want to take part, the thread will die off.

ratbastard101
06-10-2011, 10:35 PM
If everyone stayed on only the original topic that started a conversation you would only talk about one thing a day :)

It is human nature to change subjects as conversations evolve to ensure conversations stay lively. What does the most damage to any conversation is the one person who keeps repeating the same thing over and over and over and over until as soon as you see they posted something you already know what it is going to say. It is like listening to a little kid that keeps saying why....why.....why......why

Sometimes people like that take a hint and change their ways.....usually though they just tend to keep up their mantra and blame any undesireable things on other people while they vehemently refuse to take any responsibility for their actions and how they have had a negative impact on meaningful conversation. At that point this type of person will usually find a person to latch onto (AKA kissing ass, sucking up, eating cheese, or swallowing the sausage) in hopes that the person will take their side and help champion their thoughts. This is done in an attempt to remove some of the scrutiny from them self and onto the person who they are sucking. The sucker can always be spotted out of the two by the fact they call the other person Mr., Boss, etc and Always take every opportunity to compliment them and make them sound good.

wtdoor67
06-10-2011, 11:04 PM
The only reason I do is because sometimes what someone talks about, reminds me of something else.

I don't see so much wrong with it.

Just like the Aussie talking about Paw Paw wire. Well the Paw Paw is a tree that bears fruit and isn't native to Australia. I asked him about that and I'm supposing someone started those trees in Australia. They're native to the New World as far as I know.