PDA

View Full Version : Good reference book?

366Delta
06-10-2011, 07:23 PM
You guys make numerous references to a “little GE distribution booklet”. Would anyone have the full title and specs on this so I could track down a copy? It sounds to be rather informative. Any suggestions on other references covering transformer connections and the like will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Pootnaigle
06-10-2011, 07:35 PM
I bleve every transformer manafactuer ( Not rebuilders) puts out one of those booklets. I Know westinghouse, General Electric, and several others did. Theres some real useful info in them aside from hook ups also,Like full load current tables. If you know someone at a utility ask em to help get you one, I bleve they pass em out to utilities. You might also look at getting an UGLY book, which is full of information, only costs a few dollars from a bookstore or online bookstore.

wtdoor67
06-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Just Google GE Distribution Manual and you'll find them. I noticed the first one was about 29 bucks. Like someone said. If you have a power co. friend cadger one from them.

The Kurtz lineman book is much better. Covers all phases of linework, transformers etc. You can find them on EBAY or some such for the cheap. I think the 4th and 6th edition are great. Do a little innernet searching.

wtdoor67
06-20-2011, 09:55 AM
This is the definitive book for lineman. Gives you a general idea about ever facet of linework. Been around for many years. Copyright 1928. The UGLY book is alright but get a Kurtz book first.

If you have access to a good library they'll have the Kurtz book. Give it a look.