PDA

View Full Version : The New Texas

electriklady
06-22-2011, 09:12 PM
drivin to my orders today......it really hit me what is happenin here in our neck of the woods!

Photos of 2 of the 4 wells in about a mile area.

heelwinch
06-22-2011, 09:51 PM
It's a beautifull site ... I hope they keep popping up in PA.... more drills less money for heat.

electriklady
06-22-2011, 09:53 PM
My oldest daughters boyfriend has his second interview next week with Schlumberger......I think it is for a "fracking" job.....The Chesapeake boss I was talkin with today says a "fracker" starts out making about $100,000 but I am guessing that it is HARD work......The pay appears to be menial but the monthly bonuses are the real $$$$$, of course the hours are insane...but he is young......we will see how he makes out if he gets the job.

electriklady
06-22-2011, 09:56 PM
Our heating prices have not dropped a dime and they have been here for 3 years drilling well after well.........running pipeline........etc......same price if not higher.

electriklady
06-22-2011, 10:55 PM
The problem I have with this is the amount of water that is being polluted......Chesapeake........a couple of weeks ago had fracking material running into a creek that feeds the Susquehanna River for over a day.....I am not sure but last I heard Cabot still cannot resume drilling until they make good on the wells that they contaminated.......another problem I have is that Corbett is not taxing these gas companies(as does Texas)....we have no money for roads, education, but in order to kiss these guys asses he will not levy the same taxes that all other states levy on gas companies in this country....so our roads will get more unbearable........our wells will be fouled.......and no "insurance payment" to fall back on.

That being said.......The jobs they create is wonderful.......the money they spend in our local economy is wonderful, the product they are extracting is much needed for this country......but this is not a one sided deal......unlike you I see all sides of a subject.....I dont close my eyes to the other side of the coin.......and there is a lot of bad with the good.......When I started the thread I only was relating that 3 years ago as I looked across these hills they were pristeen......woods and fields.....and now you cant go half a mile without seeing a derrick.....I didnt say it was good or bad....just unbelievable how things change in just a matter of a few years....so why dont quit reading into my threads what is not there.

BigClive
06-22-2011, 10:57 PM
Our heating prices have not dropped a dime and they have been here for 3 years drilling well after well.........running pipeline........etc......same price if not higher.

Here in Scotland we pay some of the highest prices for fuel in the world despite the fact that oil is taken from our shores. The problem is that just because a company is taking your oil doesn't mean they have to show any charity to you.

I don't even know who is getting the revenue from Scotlands oil reserves.

I'm sure we'll get our seas back once they've been drained of oil and the companies walk off leaving an ecological timebomb behind.

electriklady
06-22-2011, 11:03 PM
While I have never worked on a drill floor but I have worked rigs. Those drill floor roustabouts really earn their money and it is dangerous. I know it won't fall as a caution to the young but tell him to be careful anyway. Come home with all his fingers and toes after every shift. The drill floor machinery moves really quickly and after 14 - 12 hours shifts you're not as aware as you might wish you were and those chains and pipes move just as fast as they did on the first shift.

Today seeing that chesapeake rig close up was really the first time I had been so close to one....I was in their trailer watching the "goings on"....the boss said they were cleaning out the hole and getting ready to insert the pipe. It looks intimidating......he has never had a job like this and I can only hope he can handle it.......and I will tell him to be "very careful"....and yes I think if hired he will be working 14-12 hour days ...and I think it is 5 days off.....I think they stay in a barracks type setup and do not leave the site till it is their days off. I think they were hiring for frackers and something to do with the "concrete" so dont know what he is going for.....he is very much looking forward to gettin in this industry....