PDA

View Full Version : equipment questions

nitsy33
10-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Hi.New apprentince here.Passed my companys line school and now we are out and about on the road workin.While we did get belts,gaffs,etc from school(all hand me downs except my belt) I some questions and would like to hear some opinions.Im looking at getting a set of buckingham tit gaffs offset,contoured with twist.But my biggest issue is the belt.Im wearing a bashlin 88x,D size 23.Fits good comfortable but I have been looking at either the buckingham 2012m or 2012km,the latter having the quick connect buckle.Anyone out there use that belt and if so is it reliably safe,I mean has anyone had it open up or loosen while up on their hooks working?

hotwiretamer
10-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Hi.New apprentince here.Passed my companys line school and now we are out and about on the road workin.While we did get belts,gaffs,etc from school(all hand me downs except my belt) I some questions and would like to hear some opinions.Im looking at getting a set of buckingham tit gaffs offset,contoured with twist.But my biggest issue is the belt.Im wearing a bashlin 88x,D size 23.Fits good comfortable but I have been looking at either the buckingham 2012m or 2012km,the latter having the quick connect buckle.Anyone out there use that belt and if so is it reliably safe,I mean has anyone had it open up or loosen while up on their hooks working?

The Bashlin 88 is a great belt to learn in. I used the same one for about 20 yrs. Wear out your first one before going out and waisting more money on a different one.
I liked my old belt a lot better. Also, your an apprentice. There's a lot than can happen before you top out, so again, don't waist your money on another belt untill you wear out the one you have now.