PDA

View Full Version : Snow!!!

electriklady
10-29-2011, 02:47 PM
I mowed my grass Tuesday after work and we are expected to get 8 to 10 inches of snow today!

Yehaaaaaaw......let the fun begin!

Oh....forecast is calling for heavy wet snow with winds up to 30 miles an hour and there are still leaves on the trees. I am washing my work clothes right now;):rolleyes:

Bowline
10-29-2011, 03:11 PM
I mowed my grass Tuesday after work and we are expected to get 8 to 10 inches of snow today!

Oh....forecast is calling for heavy wet snow with winds up to 30 miles an hour and there are still leaves on the trees. I am washing my work clothes right now;):rolleyes:

This posting should not be in General BS to start with simply put because she is fishing for a controversial argument about religion
Always pushing the limits, aren't you clowns??

LostArt
10-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Ignore the thread noise EL.

I heard about this on the radio earlier. Kinda early, isn't it? Btw, have you took pictures?

electriklady
10-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Are we allowed to bait in BS, LA?

anyways....havent taken any pictures yet........The trees are sagging and the power lines are covered............that is not a good sign....!!!!!!

I am gonna put a plow on my quad....but was waiting for a couple of weeks.........opppps:rolleyes:

electriklady
10-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Just looked at our online system outage map....New Jersey has 6 red balls(over 10,000 customers each) and southern PA.....our other sister company(Met Ed) is not looking too good either...........and it is still snowing like a big DOG here. A lot of smaller outages here.....I have my candles ready!!!!!!

LostArt
10-29-2011, 08:10 PM
No, there shouldn't be any baiting outside of EAYOR EL. Maybe a warning should be sent. Actually, there should be several sent. Just waiting on word.

Hunker down EL! Stay safe!

hotwiretamer
10-29-2011, 10:59 PM

That sounds rough!!
Sorry to hear about your early winter arrival.
I went to a B-Day party today at the beach, it was about 90 degrees. (Sorry, had to rub that in!);) Be carefull, hopefully it won't be too bad.:confused:

T-Man
10-30-2011, 08:37 AM
WOW , pretty major storm in the northeast, Be careful up there work safe to all you working that one.

Just saw some idiot Weather man doing a shot from a back yard where the trees were down and he was shaking the large limb and point out the down power lines trapped underneath. . . .Hope they knew the power was out and grounded but I doubt it and it just gives some other know-nothing a stupid idea the power lines are not dangerous. . .OMG

electriklady
10-30-2011, 11:22 PM
Got the call this morning for storm duty in our sister companies territory ....Metropolitan Edison.
Just got to the hotel in stroudsburg ....on the Pa./NJ border....long day...time to snooze..........
Nite all!

loodvig
10-31-2011, 06:42 AM
New England still has 3 million out. In Mass. alone 155 cities/towns have no school today. Crews are in from Mi., Ohio, and the Carolina's. Mostly tree damage.

loodvig
10-31-2011, 06:53 AM
Power outage update: 640,000 people left without power, statewide. NSTAR: 74,000. National Grid: 410,190. Unitel: 15,874.

loodvig
11-01-2011, 07:30 AM
More Than 350,000 In Mass. Still Without Power
Utility Officials Say It Could Still Be Several Days Before All Online

Read more: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/29646313/detail.html#ixzz1cS6BqweH

LostArt
11-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Man, this is some bad stuff! You guys be safe!!

loodvig
11-02-2011, 07:18 AM
Our central Florida Crews left 2 days ago for Conn. Tell me it's quite the MESS.:(

Yes Conn and western Mass got hammered! Your Fla. crews are gonna love 30" of heavy wet snow!

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/12005789357492/feds-response-to-snowstorm-slower-than-to-irene/

Six thousand extra utility crews were either working in the Northeast on Tuesday or getting close to arriving, officials said.

Read more: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/12005789357492/feds-response-to-snowstorm-slower-than-to-irene/#ixzz1cXvF2R2B

loodvig
11-03-2011, 08:29 AM
140,000 still out in Mass. Conn. is worse!

loodvig
11-04-2011, 05:26 AM
As of yesterday, more than 77,000 National Grid customers across the state were still without power, according to National Grid spokesman Steve Brady.

"When it's all said and done, we are going to see more physical damage to our network than (Hurricane) Irene did," Brady said.

Pootnaigle
11-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Just in case this post, being retired do you really care, or do you still go to the garage and look at yor tramp bag?

MAKE YOUR GOVERNMENT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WELFARE OF THE TROOPS.

Ummmmmmm I did that just last week and thought " Man I could go n make some of that money"
But I began to remember how much fun an ice storm was and since I had plenty of beer and a near full jug of Rum I decided I may be going nuts but I aint THAT damn far along yet.Hats off to those that still have the desire to battle the elements But I bleve I will sit quietly by the fireplace n nurse another cold one.

loodvig
11-04-2011, 02:57 PM
TEST TEST TEST
I tried for two days to post to your LOOVIG and got forbidden.

Just in case this post, being retired do you really care, or do you still go to the garage and look at yor tramp bag?

I'm not sure what your saying? My screen name is loodvig not loovig maybe that's a problem. But no I miss the people I worked with for sure but not the bullshit N.Grid puts out!

loodvig
11-04-2011, 06:00 PM
I can't help ya sorry. I sent you a PM

LostArt
11-04-2011, 06:52 PM
It is a problem. It happened to me a few weeks ago. I passed the word on Steve.

electriklady
11-04-2011, 10:45 PM
6th day of storm duty.........been in southern Pa since Sunday, today we switched companies and states......hello JCP&L and New Jersey,,,,,we are back!:):). Stayin in Parsipanny tonite and tomorrow nite.....I wonder when I will see home again! Time to sleep!

loodvig
11-05-2011, 06:04 PM
87,000 still out in western Mass.
140,000 still out in Conn. Hunderds of more crews headed into Conn. to help. I saw a convoy of CMP trucks out of Maine headed south yesterday.

Orgnizdlbr
11-05-2011, 06:51 PM
6th day of storm duty.........been in southern Pa since Sunday, today we switched companies and states......hello JCP&L and New Jersey,,,,,we are back!:):). Stayin in Parsipanny tonite and tomorrow nite.....I wonder when I will see home again! Time to sleep!

Becky, its a mess over here, be careful....!! I'm working the same area you are, if I see any Penelec trucks, I'll look you up. Been here since 7PM last saturday night........

LostArt
11-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Becky, its a mess over here, be careful....!! I'm working the same area you are, if I see any Penelec trucks, I'll look you up. Been here since 7PM last saturday night........

You all be careful Georgie! You too Becky!

Loo, have you seen any trucks from Florida or any from the south? West? Curious as to who all are up yonder.

electriklady
11-05-2011, 10:31 PM

Yeah...I have never seen so much tree damage, labor......we have been working in Rockaway,
Hopatcong, Mendham, but are stayin at the Sierra hotel in Parsippany......haven't run into many JCP&L trucks.....lots of contractors...EE and meter department are doin the service restoration
work....definitely stain till Monday...after that we don't know. The line dept guys from my area that are working in Easton Pa, said they were told they will be staying till Tuesday at least. I don't know bout you labor.....but I hope this fall is no indication of the winter to come....keep ur ryes open for our F250......there are only 3 f250s in area from penelec, rest are driving vans.

loodvig
11-06-2011, 06:05 AM
All I've seen was those CMP guys the other day. My area is back up and I'm in a Muni so I only see them passing thru. All the work is in western Mass., Conn., Pa., and N.J. My nephew, a lineman, is back on regular schedual now and was told to pack a bag for out of town work.

topgroove
11-06-2011, 06:33 AM
All I've seen was those CMP guys the other day. My area is back up and I'm in a Muni so I only see them passing thru. All the work is in western Mass., Conn., Pa., and N.J. My nephew, a lineman, is back on regular schedual now and was told to pack a bag for out of town work.Thank God the pike guys aren't around your neighborhood Lood! Last thing you need is the smell of burning flesh .

Bowline
11-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Thank God the pike guys aren't around your neighborhood Lood! Last thing you need is the smell of burning flesh .

Huh, you must be a FOFBOD.

Seems some in here never get their hands slapped for baiting and such.

Anyways I'd love to see you tell a Pike hand he doesn't know his job, or anyone for that matter...
I'm willing to bet your all of about 5' nothing and 2 hundred and something pounds, sittin behind your keyboard telling lineman they aren't. ( ps.. you got snot runnin down your face)

LostArt
11-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Groove and Bowline. Take it to EAYOR please. And yes, I'm part of the FBOD.

Orgnizdlbr
11-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Yeah...I have never seen so much tree damage, labor......we have been working in Rockaway,
Hopatcong, Mendham, but are stayin at the Sierra hotel in Parsippany......haven't run into many JCP&L trucks.....lots of contractors...EE and meter department are doin the service restoration
work....definitely stain till Monday...after that we don't know. The line dept guys from my area that are working in Easton Pa, said they were told they will be staying till Tuesday at least. I don't know bout you labor.....but I hope this fall is no indication of the winter to come....keep ur ryes open for our F250......there are only 3 f250s in area from penelec, rest are driving vans.

Was sent to Milford near Easton so prolly wont run into you, stay safe Becky..... Starting to wind down but still alot of individual service work to get done.........

loodvig
11-08-2011, 05:46 AM
88,000 still out in Conn.

electriklady
11-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Day 10 and I am HOME:):D......thank God...........doing laundry(ran out of FR) and am gonna call it a night........

MI........get some rest!........I was gonna tell ya.....Initially when we moved from Met Ed(southern PA) to Jersey we were being sent to the Livingston Mall...were told we were gonna take clearances for contractors:eek:.......got called back to Phillipsburg Jersey on the way and put on service restoration....Thank God.....so we came real close to meeting in person, I bet......Too bad our destination got changed.......Get some rest.........that is where I am headed.:)

electriklady
11-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Labor.....you guys done yet? Support services came home today.........Be careful....and take care.:)

loodvig
11-08-2011, 09:42 PM
12,000 still out

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/south/12005849662347/power-outages-persist-for-12-000-conn-customers/

Orgnizdlbr
11-09-2011, 07:39 AM
Labor.....you guys done yet? Support services came home today.........Be careful....and take care.:)

Got back down south last night, still crews up there......sorry I didnt run into you.

duckhunter
11-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Have you heard about the storm Alaska is supposed to get?

Orgnizdlbr
11-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Becky, as of yesterday, they were still in storm mode in North jersey......unbelievable

electriklady
11-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Christy must be ready to blow a head gasket! Hope it slows down for ya soon.....I am still trying to get back to normal here(I am a wimp or getting old....or both) Corbett was raising hell here in PA too..........I was working all over Christies hometown area....course he left to go stay in the Governors mansion....which I heard when he got there the lights were out and had come back on in Mendham......

The last of our local linemen got home on Wednesday afternoon......

electriklady
11-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Labor.......was gonna tell ya this story.....forgot........had a trouble call in Summit......and when we arrived there was already a Jersey Central Meter Department guy there, standing in the yard talking to the customer. Out ticket said "broken neutral"......so we always go see if it is broken at the house or the pole(we are not allowed to work off the pole).....He came over and said that the neutral was broken at the house and that line dept would have to come fix it. We said that we would fix it.....he got very loud and vocal and said "you have no business fixing that broken nuetral, that is line dept work." I told him that we are trained to do that and that is what Penelecs meter department does during storm. He was very firm in his belief that we should not be doing it. My point being....I thought that was a First Energy practice, that we are all doing the same things. We have been doing service work off the house for years in a storm situation. I learned something new.

Orgnizdlbr
11-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Labor.......was gonna tell ya this story.....forgot........had a trouble call in Summit......and when we arrived there was already a Jersey Central Meter Department guy there, standing in the yard talking to the customer. Out ticket said "broken neutral"......so we always go see if it is broken at the house or the pole(we are not allowed to work off the pole).....He came over and said that the neutral was broken at the house and that line dept would have to come fix it. We said that we would fix it.....he got very loud and vocal and said "you have no business fixing that broken nuetral, that is line dept work." I told him that we are trained to do that and that is what Penelecs meter department does during storm. He was very firm in his belief that we should not be doing it. My point being....I thought that was a First Energy practice, that we are all doing the same things. We have been doing service work off the house for years in a storm situation. I learned something new.

The Mr was wrong Becky, our meter service people repair services at the house side also......

electriklady
11-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Well, maybe he wasnt meter department.....I assumed he was as he was driving a white van like many of our meter testers do.......I wonder what that was all about then. hmmmmmmm?

Bowline
11-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Seems to me you were more worried about what the governor of Jersey was doing than what you were sent there to do.
If you have a problem with the party of the government of a specific state that you have to work in, maybe you ought to just stay home and leave the political bashing to the actual residents of said state.

I doubt one less meter reader would make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things.

hotwiretamer
11-13-2011, 10:18 AM
What are you going to do with all your O/T EL???
Seems you've been doing nothing but working the last few months, hats off to you!
Be carefull with those neutral repairs, though I'm sure your co. has schooled you in the hazards.
You should take your earnings and buy a vacation condo/home down here in Az!
That way you could enjoy our 70+ degree weather, and thaw out!:D

I just happen to know a realtor that could assist.............;)