PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving

electriklady
11-23-2011, 10:46 AM
I Just wanted to wish everyone and their families a Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy the family, friends, food and football. Only a month till the real "hell" is upon us. Bah Humbug!!;)

I am the Thanksgiving hostess this year...have a lot of work to do...got a beautiful fresh turkey last night...and all the fixings...am cooking dinner for 8...so I guess I will be busy for a couple of days. Good news...the weather is supposed to stay fairly warm and NO SNOW...60ish over the weekend...ahhhh life is good.

Later all...

Orgnizdlbr
11-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Have a great Thanksgiving Becky!!

LostArt
11-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all the folks here at PLM!

I'll be going to mom's tomorrow and spending it with my family and the Boss's. Believe it or not, we all get along fine.

I already have the Bahumbug lights up. Yeah, I actually put up lights outside this year. I'll turn them on tomorrow night.

Oh, and it will be a beautiful day tomorrow. Up into the 70's. Which will be nice from being in the 80's. :D

Happy Thanksgiving!

MI-Lineman
11-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Happy Turkey Day and The Lions are Finally Gonna Kick Green Bay's @ss Day!!:D

Well one can dream can't they?:o

Southpaw
11-23-2011, 09:55 PM
May you All have a Wonderful Thanksgiving, with your friends and family. Our morning, was helping prepare thanksgiving dinner for our area homeless tomorrow. Our personal dinner tonight was for family and friends. Rolled stuffed turkey breast, with, goat cheese, stuffing and cranberrys inside, traditional dressing on the side, sweet potatoes with marshmellows, creamed corn, punkin pie...and, and, and....we are truly blessed. Tomorrow, we'll help give out meals for a few hours in the afternoon, then come home, have some friends over, for leftovers and thanks.
I hope you all are so fortunate and thankful. Happy thanksgiving.

Highplains Drifter
11-23-2011, 10:35 PM
I am thankful and grateful for our health, our fantastic friends and our wonderful, supportive family. It has been a crazy year , but we are still here, standing strong. I have been blessed with a gorgeous and healthy granddaughter. I am surrounded by my family. I cannot think of a better way to spend this day.

Let's not forget about our boys & girls serving to protect our Country. Thank you to the family and friends of those serving.

I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends.

hotwiretamer
11-24-2011, 08:11 AM
I hope y'all have a great day, Happy Thanksgiving!
The wife and I are going to our Daughters Mother-in-laws, should be fun!!

Excitied too that there is actually a couple of meaningfull football games on today!!:D

RWD
11-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Yes indeed! happy thanksgiving to all. I shared the Thanksgiving as a day off... and was invited to a Thanksgiving feast hosted by an Aussie and a Britt. It was indeed a feast. Pakistan is really a great place. Good people .. um except for a few bad eggs ... but I'm enjoying life..

RWD

T-Man
11-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Have a great Thanksgiving to all of you and your families. . .

GO PACKERS GO
MI, I had to. . . . .

BigClive
11-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Happy Thanksgiving guys. We don't really do that thing over here in Scotland, although when I was a kid there was a religious thanksgiving thing at church where people were encouraged to bring in tins of food for the "poor". I'm not exactly sure how they got distributed to "poor" people. :rolleyes:

Blimey. Halloween, Thanksgiving and then Christmas? It's a complete party in your place at this time of year. :D

Have no shame Lostart, you stick your Xmas lights on as early as you like. I'm thinking of bringing shame on my street by having the earliest home Xmas lights on in Scotland. It might make me feel a bit better about that fact that the switch-on of the lights I've been installing in Glasgow for the last month went pear shaped when the pyro crew started firing the fireworks before the countdown had even started, and as a result everyone ignored it. :(

LostArt
11-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Have no shame Lostart, you stick your Xmas lights on as early as you like. I'm thinking of bringing shame on my street by having the earliest home Xmas lights on in Scotland. It might make me feel a bit better about that fact that the switch-on of the lights I've been installing in Glasgow for the last month went pear shaped when the pyro crew started firing the fireworks before the countdown had even started, and as a result everyone ignored it. :(

Oh no! That is ashame Clive! I will have to admit that most Americans are kinda glued to fireworks too. :D

I have my lights on, however, I don't have enough. Tomorrow I go back to get more. The Boss is going fishing and I'll be stringing more lights, more energy, more power. That way the Boss can have something more to talk to me about in January; the light bill. :D

Don't forget to show the pics Clive!

MI-Lineman
11-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Have a great Thanksgiving to all of you and your families. . .

GO PACKERS GO
MI, I had to. . . . .

No ya didn't?:p We both knew what the outcome was gonna really be!:(

Oh well, the first half was a good game?:o

Hope you all had a great Turkey Day! Ours started out scary but it looks like a false alarm? The daughter and I took the wife some Turkey at the hospital! I give thanks for those people who give their time on a holiday waitin just to help others they don't even know!:)