PDA

View Full Version : Q. Do many linemen have tattoos

bren guzzi
12-18-2011, 07:47 PM
Just wondering if linemen are more prone to tattoos than others. How many of ya have them and why. ????????
I've one.see pic.
Its the symbol of an ancient burial ground in IRELAND. (Newgrange "google it") I went there many times... Its soooo weird . It was built 5000 years ago. Any way I took a photo of its symbol , drew it out and brought it to the tattoists. And hey presto.

BigClive
12-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Nice tattoo, but slightly creepy at the same time.

There was a thread called something like linemens tats or ink a while back. You might find stuff if you do a search.

duckhunter
12-19-2011, 07:18 AM
I have an M tatooed on each cheek of my butt. When I bend over it says MoM, when I stand on my head it says WoW.

bren guzzi
12-19-2011, 12:55 PM
I have an M tatooed on each cheek of my butt. When I bend over it says MoM, when I stand on my head it says WoW.

Duck hunter please as a friend and respected poster..... DON'T PUT A PICTURE UP... "I've just eaten. :)

bren guzzi
12-19-2011, 01:02 PM
When I woked down in London many years ago I used to frequent a bar. I swear , imet an ex profesional boxer who was famous for his "left hook" so on his Knuckles he had tattoo,d love on his right hand and hate on his left..... TROUBLE IS. He was in a car crash and lost his little finger. So the tattoo read LOVE and "HAT ". It did make me laugh anyway. :)

cololinehand
12-19-2011, 10:17 PM
I have three. My Scottish family crest on my left arm, US and Scottish flag "ripping" through my left pec and a triquerta with the first letter of my 3 kids name in each "circle".

I think the main reason for lineman and tats is most are prior service, at least here in the States.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

climbsomemore
12-20-2011, 09:05 PM
I get up tight when my wall calendar has less than one photo per month.

Tattos? That kind of commitment to art would worry me.

TRAMPLINEMAN
12-20-2011, 10:25 PM
My upper body is loaded, none below my waist, yet.

Joshi82
12-25-2011, 12:38 PM
None! But would love to have one!

Pootnaigle
12-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Ummmmmmm think on them there tattos fera spell first. I knowed a feller hadda Bulldawg drawed on his chest ummmmmmmmm n today itz lickin hiz nutz. Kinda like a gurl gettin them there sillykone implants........... some day, sumwhere ,sum lil kids gonna say........ geeeze yer granny haz great ummmmmmmm earlobes. Kinda sick huh. Jus bear in mind thangs change as ya get more olderfied.

neil macgregor
12-26-2011, 04:53 AM
ive 3 one for my dad who passed away and a celtic crest on my back
and a bit of a dot on my left arm that i done when i was about 15

neil macgregor
12-26-2011, 04:57 AM
Just wondering if linemen are more prone to tattoos than others. How many of ya have them and why. ????????
I've one.see pic.
Its the symbol of an ancient burial ground in IRELAND. (Newgrange "google it") I went there many times... Its soooo weird . It was built 5000 years ago. Any way I took a photo of its symbol , drew it out and brought it to the tattoists. And hey presto.

hey bren if you like that old celtic stuff you should go and visit kilmartain valley in argyll
its not far from you between lochgilphead and oban

bren guzzi
12-26-2011, 09:59 AM
I will have a look when I get back neil. Cheers. :)

BigClive
12-26-2011, 02:38 PM
hey bren if you like that old celtic stuff you should go and visit kilmartain valley in argyll
its not far from you between lochgilphead and oban

And the Isle of Man is full of that weird Celtic stuff. King Orry's grave, Cashtal Yn Ard and so on. Bizarre to think this place (I'm on the Island at the moment) was used as a penal colony for witches. It's got more than it's fair share of folklore, and superstitions.

neil macgregor
12-27-2011, 08:25 AM
is that why your there clive

BigClive
12-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Yeah, they saw sparks flying off my fingers and chased me out of Scotland with blazing torches. :rolleyes:

Mind you, I'll be flying back tomorrow, and not on a broomstick. (Flybe, so a broomstick would probably have been a better choice.)

BigClive
12-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Oh, and to keep the thread on topic, when I was younger I really wanted some traditional nautical tattoos like anchors. Kinda glad I didn't now. (I've none at all.)

neil macgregor
12-28-2011, 06:13 AM
been thinking of getting some thing done with the kids names on them ...better wait till after april when no3 comes along

BigClive
12-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Mind you, I'll be flying back tomorrow, and not on a broomstick. (Flybe, so a broomstick would probably have been a better choice.)

Oh Jeezuz! I really wish I hadn't said that, 'cos a broomstick couldn't have been any worse. Neil and Bren will be familiar with the twin propeller island hoppers used here, and that was the WORST flight I have ever experienced in one.... And I've had a few rough flights before. The only thing louder than all the luggage crashing about in the overhead lockers was the sound of people vomiting loudly into their sick-bags.

bren guzzi
12-28-2011, 03:11 PM
They gave us a few fun flights.......... Not any more.... Jets or nothing from now on.... Had a few kiss the ground flights.....