PDA

View Full Version : 2 part question,who was the best cowboy

reppy007
12-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Had to ask this one,who was the best cowboy on the football team,and the best actor.Id say John Wayne,with Clint Eastwood being a really close second.Football,it would have to be Earl Campbell.

Joshi82
12-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Ya! Clint Eastwood is awesome!!

duckhunter
12-27-2011, 02:45 PM
I always liked Glenn Ford, John Wayne, Sam Elliot, Jimmy Stewart, Robert Duvall, Robert Redford, Kevin Costner, Tom Selleck, Walter Brennan, Lee Marvin, Charlton Heston. I guess the quote at the bottom says it.

topgroove
12-27-2011, 03:35 PM
I always liked Glenn Ford, John Wayne, Sam Elliot, Jimmy Stewart, Robert Duvall, Robert Redford, Kevin Costner, Tom Selleck, Walter Brennan, Lee Marvin, Charlton Heston. I guess the quote at the bottom says it.All great actors Duck, So who's your favorite Dallas Cowboy?
Hey, do you still work for Cherryland electric Duck?
A friend of mine is looking to hire on there.

So with half the country having opposite political views, it's that hard to believe that another lineman may have similar views to Swamp? The guy doesn't even post the same way as Swamp. No cutting and pasteing, the spelling is much better, I liked Swamp, and agreed with him politically. He had a lot of conspiracy ideas that I din't agree with. But none more crazy than thinking Southpaw is Swamp by another name.
So Duck, I never got a chance to talk to you about Southpaw... You were so sure Southpaw and swamp were two different people... Now that you know the truth dosen't it hurt a little. You were decieved just like the rest of us!

reppy007
12-28-2011, 02:35 AM
Waiting for Dallas to respond,maybe he will see the flaw.

neil macgregor
12-28-2011, 06:11 AM
yo samity samhas to be up there with the best of them

reppy007
12-28-2011, 01:13 PM
I kind of liked the wild,wild ,west ,that one guy,Mr.gordon could really be anybody ,the Rifleman was good,but I liked the 6 shooters better,then we had the Cartwright family,dam all those people died.In all those western movies even the bad guys were better actors than we have today.I liked Pat boone and the others. To change the subject I hear we lost an old friend that I didnt think still was living,Cheetah the monkey on Tarzan died,they say it was 80 yrs old,how many Tarzans did he know,kinda surprised me.

Highplains Drifter
12-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Mine is on the feminine side with Linda Evans and my cousin’s mother-in-law……..made that teams cheer leaders’ outfits.

reppy007
12-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Quite an answer Mr.Drift,kinda caught me off guard,Linda is still looking good,figured you were a Dolly Pardon guy,would'nt you like to take Linda up into the highplains.Ill take the cheerleaders and we can call it an even deal.

Highplains Drifter
12-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Dolly Pardon is what I call the U.G. double bushing stand-off…

duckhunter
12-28-2011, 03:38 PM
What type of football Cowboy are you talking about. Michael Irving and Mike Ditka were both Dallas Cowboys and did some acting.

reppy007
12-28-2011, 04:34 PM
What type of football Cowboy are you talking about. Michael Irving and Mike Ditka were both Dallas Cowboys and did some acting.

A Dallas Cowboy,as in football,thought it was obvious since i mentioned Earl Campbell(hint)

Pootnaigle
12-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Ummmmm Earl Campbell wuz never ever a Cowboy He wuzza Oiler n Bum Phillips used him plum up.

electriklady
12-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Roger Staubach....for Dallas Cowboy....I cannot even believe I typed that....I HATE THE COWBOYS

Clint has my vote from back in the Spaghetti Western Days. Ahhhhh...Wild Wild West.....James West and Artimus Gordon.....I loved that show when I was a kid.....You dont really have to be a good actor to be a "great cowboy" in a females eyes....ya need to look the part....you know all tan, cowboy boots, riding a horse, carryin a gun...lean and mean...all that manly stuff.....and Clint sure made that poncho look good!;):D

reppy007
12-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Ummmmm Earl Campbell wuz never ever a Cowboy He wuzza Oiler n Bum Phillips used him plum up.

I was begining to think either I was too old or people reading this were too young,thought RC/Dallas would catch that. True ,Poot ,Earl never played for Dallas,just when i thought Id sneak it in by everyone,finally caught @ an old trick play.

reppy007
12-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Roger Staubach....for Dallas Cowboy....I cannot even believe I typed that....I HATE THE COWBOYS

Clint has my vote from back in the Spaghetti Western Days. Ahhhhh...Wild Wild West.....James West and Artimus Gordon.....I loved that show when I was a kid.....You dont really have to be a good actor to be a "great cowboy" in a females eyes....ya need to look the part....you know all tan, cowboy boots, riding a horse, carryin a gun...lean and mean...all that manly stuff.....and Clint sure made that poncho look good!;):D

Electriklady actually it wasnt really Roger quarterbacking,it was that Artimus Gordon guy,boy could he disguise himself,even fooled you.You mentioned a tan,cowboy boots,horse,gun and all that manly stuff,now come -on ,we all know you really meant the wranglers James west was wearing.I still like the Dirty Harry movies,hang em hi,the good bad and ugly movies,still entertaining even if I saw a guy die hundreds of times.

reppy007
12-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Did i mention ,Fist full of Dollars?

electriklady
12-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Electriklady actually it wasnt really Roger quarterbacking,it was that Artimus Gordon guy,boy could he disguise himself,even fooled you.You mentioned a tan,cowboy boots,horse,gun and all that manly stuff,now come -on ,we all know you really meant the wranglers James west was wearing.I still like the Dirty Harry movies,hang em hi,the good bad and ugly movies,still entertaining even if I saw a guy die hundreds of times.

HaHa Reppy, good one.....Artimus was great at disguises wasnt he?

James West didnt wear wranglers....he always had a black suit with a short vest, didnt he. He was a Hottie, I must admit. Of course everything was either black or white in those days:)
Dirty Harry movies were great....."Come on punk, make my day." I also like the "Death Wish" movies with Charles Bronson....he was a great "tough guy" too. I, like you, still watch the old Clint movies and still enjoy them...must have seen all of em at least a dozen times or more.

reppy007
12-28-2011, 06:31 PM

James West didnt wear wranglers....he always had a black suit with a short vest, didnt he. He was a Hottie, I must admit. Of course everything was either black or white in those days:)
Dirty Harry movies were great....."Come on punk, make my day." I also like the "Death Wish" movies with Charles Bronson....he was a great "tough guy" too. I, like you, still watch the old Clint movies and still enjoy them...must have seen all of em at least a dozen times or more.

Heck i dont know what he wore,I wasnt looking at the things you might have been looking at,I figured wranglers,I can say that you went into detail,remembering the vest.I can remember those guys always dropping out of ceilings and trap doors.

duckhunter
12-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Anyone other than Ditka and Irving?

MI-Lineman
12-28-2011, 07:17 PM
I have no clue what the hell this thread's about??:confused: But I gotta say John Wayne (I had a Gandpa who laughed like him!) and Lee Marvin are my favorite! Oh and go LIONS!!!!:D:p

reppy007
12-28-2011, 07:49 PM
I have no clue what the hell this thread's about??:confused: But I gotta say John Wayne (I had a Gandpa who laughed like him!) and Lee Marvin are my favorite! Oh and go LIONS!!!!:D:p

Yea,Lee Marvin was a good actor,cant have a good cowboy unless you have a bad one.MI-Lineman you have a point there when you said whats this thread is about,look at it this way,the dog thread turned into a watergate style thread,this one started with cowboys,but Im afraid it will wind up with Indians.Guess we'll have to see.

MI-Lineman
12-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Yea,Lee Marvin was a good actor,cant have a good cowboy unless you have a bad one.MI-Lineman you have a point there when you said whats this thread is about,look at it this way,the dog thread turned into a watergate style thread,this one started with cowboys,but Im afraid it will wind up with Indians.Guess we'll have to see.

"Cat Ballou" ever see that one? That was funny sh!t! My grandpa was a HUGE western fan and the one I credit with gettin me interested in horses and I remember seein that one at his house! Lee was a magnificent actor for sure!!!

reppy007
12-28-2011, 08:02 PM

Lets see how good you really are,If the lone Rangers horse was named Silver,yes im going there,then what was Tonto's horses name.Thiss will be a million if you guess it right.

electriklady
12-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Lets see how good you really are,If the lone Rangers horse was named Silver,yes im going there,then what was Tonto's horses name.Thiss will be a million if you guess it right.

OK Reppy, I wasnt a huge Lone Ranger fan but I dont remember Tonto having a horse...I give, what was his horses name?

Pootnaigle
12-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmm SCOUT

reppy007
12-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmm SCOUT

If you didnt look that up,man you have a good memory,tell us did ya?

electriklady
12-28-2011, 08:26 PM
that does ring a bell, Poot.....now that I think about it:o

reppy007
12-28-2011, 08:30 PM

Don Merdith.Troy Aikman,Ed too Tall Jones,Hollywood Henderson,Danny White,Golden Richards,and Howard Cosell.

electriklady
12-28-2011, 08:34 PM
OK Reppy.....lets see how diverse you were in your "old time" tv watching? This was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid....couldnt wait to get home to see it.

Not a western.......Does anyone remember "Dark Shadows?"

What was the main vampire's full name?

Pootnaigle
12-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Ummmmmmm Nope came rite outta my headbone. Mammy always said I wuz smarter thanna bag fulla hammers.

reppy007
12-28-2011, 11:05 PM
OK Reppy.....lets see how diverse you were in your "old time" tv watching? This was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid....couldnt wait to get home to see it.

Cant be tom,,,,,,,,no not Tom collins,,,,,,,BARNABASS COLLINS

Pootnaigle
12-28-2011, 11:39 PM
Ummmmmmmm No fare googlin what wuz Dale Evans horseys name n yes she had one. Lets see how gud ya iz at yer own game.

Highplains Drifter
12-28-2011, 11:43 PM
Ummmmmmmm No fare googlin what wuz Dale Evans horseys name n yes she had one. Lets see how gud ya iz at yer own game.

Or Pat's Jeep.....

reppy007
12-29-2011, 12:42 AM

I may have to sleep on that,sometimes when you think of a name it wont appear,it appears when your not thinking about it,its an easy one,still wondering................................:tired:

reppy007
12-29-2011, 12:54 AM
I could use a hint,Poot,by the way,i think I snuck one by you this time.:rolleyes:

Pootnaigle
12-29-2011, 04:04 AM
Ummmmmmmmmm Hint.........Buddermilk
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm N pats Jeep wuz Nelliebelle
Ummmmmmmm N sneakin sumpin past me aint hardful at all.

electriklady
12-29-2011, 05:56 AM
Cant be tom,,,,,,,,no not Tom collins,,,,,,,BARNABASS COLLINS

did you really know that one, or did you google it?

haha...Tom Collins.....that was a good one!:D:D

LostArt
12-29-2011, 07:45 AM
I'm still laughing at Howard Cosell as a cowboy. :D

reppy007
12-29-2011, 07:55 AM
I'm still laughing at Howard Cosell as a cowboy. :D

Thats why I named him last ,Poot musta have been too confortable in that rockin chair to notice that one.No i knew that answer Lost,watched it for years,,,,,still hung up on that Dale Evans horses name.

reppy007
12-29-2011, 07:57 AM

I give up,bullet comes into mind,somehow pistol does too,what the hell was it?

reppy007
12-29-2011, 08:32 AM

Poot ,woke up and searched for the name,yes buttermilk your hint was buddermilk,thanks for the answer in your hint.

LostArt
12-29-2011, 09:20 AM
It's called decoding Poot's lingo. :D

reppy007
12-31-2011, 10:59 AM
I bet Poot even could disco in his younger years,maybe he could be seen at Gillys along with John Travolta,on a saturday night.

hotwiretamer
12-31-2011, 11:12 AM
Clint Eastwood and Sam Elliot are probably my favorites.

As far as Dallas goes, the Giants will put them out of there misury this weekend.

Anybody remember "West World"? Yule Brenner was pretty good!

reppy007
01-01-2012, 09:00 AM
Clint Eastwood and Sam Elliot are probably my favorites.

As far as Dallas goes, the Giants will put them out of there misury this weekend.

Anybody remember "West World"? Yule Brenner was pretty good!

Seen that movie,yea Yule Brenner was good,Lee Van Cleefe,Lee Marvin,and that hunchback in the bar with Eastwood,I still like it when he wanted the bad guys to apologize to his mule.

reppy007
01-03-2012, 11:03 AM

Electriklady,,,,,,,HERES ONE FOR YOU,,,,,who was the Adams familys daughters name........hint,,,,,,,,remember whimpy on popeye,always wanting a hamburger.When would he say that he would pay them back.

electriklady
01-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Reppy, I actually do know that one, but not from the original show, from the movie remake...Wednesday...:)

Pootnaigle
01-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Ummmmmmmm quigley wuzza bestest Cowboy guy.

duckhunter
01-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Ummmmmmmm quigley wuzza bestest Cowboy guy.

Always loved it when he'd say " I'm new around here so I don't rightly know", then he'd kick somebody's ass.

reppy007
01-04-2012, 03:10 AM
Reppy, I actually do know that one, but not from the original show, from the movie remake...Wednesday...:)

Lynard Skynard had a song called Tuesdays gone with the Wind,,,,,,,,saw them in concert when I was a teen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ticket cost 14 dollars in the 1970s,,that was high back then.

Pootnaigle
01-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Ummmmmmmm Roy Rodgers hadda dawg whut wuz hiz name?

hotwiretamer
01-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Ummmmmmmm Roy Rodgers hadda dawg whut wuz hiz name?

uummmmm Trigger!

hotwiretamer
01-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Orrrr...... Bullet??:confused:

Pootnaigle
01-12-2012, 08:48 PM
ummmm korrect