PDA

View Full Version : the glass type fuses

reppy007
05-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Just wondering,from anyone ......when was the last time you were on a call at an old house and found those green-ish or clear glass fuses..........interesting how the older generations could make anything they wanted work.......almost anything.........

Pootnaigle
05-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Ummmm I once found a 20 amp glass screw in fuse that had 4 fuses made into it. When one blew you rotated the head 90 degrees and another took its place. Seemed like a heck of an idea to me since nobody ever had spare fuses.

reppy007
05-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Ummmm I once found a 20 amp glass screw in fuse that had 4 fuses made into it. When one blew you rotated the head 90 degrees and another took its place. Seemed like a heck of an idea to me since nobody ever had spare fuses.

It is a great idea my friend,seen many screw in glass fuses,but I must admit Ive never seen the type that your talking about...........and if I did see one I wouldnt know that they had 4 fuses made into it.....how did you figure that one out? were you told by somebody..........thats another clever one........if you catch my drift:D

Pootnaigle
05-02-2012, 08:43 PM
ummmmmmm it said that on the outside face of the fuse n if'n ya looked it wuz obviousful.

reppy007
05-02-2012, 08:55 PM
ummmmmmm it said that on the outside face of the fuse n if'n ya looked it wuz obviousful.

Lets make a deal,Poot.........if you find another one..........I have an old but good 150amp zensco main breaker to trade you.....they last forever.........a dollar an amp,worth over 150 dollars these days:D

Pootnaigle
05-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Ummmmmmmmmm I wudnt give thurty cents fer every Zinsco breaker ever made Them thangs caused more blinkin lights than the law allowed. But yer right since nobody makes em enymore theys spensive as all get out.I bleve sylvania made em fera while but then they quit too.Poor design.

rob8210
05-05-2012, 06:20 AM
I was in a distribution station the other day and I saw glass fuses in the panel