PDA

View Full Version : Large poles hitting the ground

reppy007
05-13-2012, 08:42 AM
What is the largest pole that you have seen go down,,and what took it down.....I cant I remember seeing any h-2 poles go down or any steel/concrete one go south.......we use h-2 poles on really large banks or freeway crossings....any other places you use them.

Lineman North Florida
05-13-2012, 09:04 AM
What is the largest pole that you have seen go down,,and what took it down.....I cant I remember seeing any h-2 poles go down or any steel/concrete one go south.......we use h-2 poles on really large banks or freeway crossings....any other places you use them. Hurricane Andrew August of 1992 took down the most poles that I have ever seen, I remember on the transmission lines the round pre-spun concrete poles faired the best, the square concrete poles were snapped like twigs, don't remember exact heights but a lot of them were over 100'.

reppy007
05-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Hurricane Andrew August of 1992 took down the most poles that I have ever seen, I remember on the transmission lines the round pre-spun concrete poles faired the best, the square concrete poles were snapped like twigs, don't remember exact heights but a lot of them were over 100'.

I dont know if I could imagine a hurricane like that one...we have been lucky since 1983....only had the smaller hurricanes hit this area......when..not if..the big one visits.....these people will have a big time nightmare to deal with.......a cat.2 is big news here....so if it even comes close to a 4 or 5........lets just forget about it.