PDA

View Full Version : High voltage call

birdog37
08-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Had a call from an electrician,problems with high voltage your thinking neutral problem.All 3 legs from there Transformer 520 522 519 phase to phase of course.This is coming from a step down bank from 13.8 to 2400 to there switch gear.then on the low side there tub is there voltage.What do ya think is wrong,turns out the voltage has been that way for years.burning things up constantly.Here they have there tub set on the wrong tap.After increasing the winding ratio 2 steps we dropped the voltage to about 490 488 491 respectively.Haven't heard from them since.

Hebrew
03-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Had a call from an electrician.He had to replace a relay on an irrigation pump being fed from an open delta.We do not have many delta connection now so he called and said the voltage was messed up.Had to school him a bit on transformer connections,delta and open delta as opposed to Y connections.

lightman
06-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Yeah, We have a 208 Wye system in the old parts of downtown. We get calls on low voltage and have to school them on that too. Trying to explain the fifth terminal in the meter socket is another thing that they don't understand. Lightman

melody123
12-31-2013, 12:45 AM
It really is well written as well as efficient how old they are quite useful. I must say I experience so great reading your content regularly Because i choose to promote.

Rob
12-31-2013, 11:25 AM
It really is well written as well as efficient how old they are quite useful. I must say I experience so great reading your content regularly Because i choose to promote.

Wow.... That stuff has to be laced with something.

reppy007
12-31-2013, 12:50 PM
Years ago while on a trouble call I thought something looked wrong on a circuit that had 3 line-fuses that were feeding the lateral that this customer fed off,well I was young and didnt mention it to the headlineman,he wouldnt have listened anyway .Well,we took care of this customer so all was ok.About a month or so later we had another call down that street,this customer was getting wierd voltage that was feeding from a open delta bank,I cant remember the voltage we found.But we went to the line fuses and noticed that one jumpers hot line clamp had failed and had fallen onto a different phase,I guess it was the same phase that fed the lighter pot on the open delta bank.....why it took so long for the customer to call his problem in is beyond me.I guess its like the customers that have problems for weeks and wait until a rainy day to call it in.....everybody here knows that feeling when your at their door and your all wet and cold and ask them how long has this been going on......and they say something like ...reppy it only started last month :nightmare::nightmare::nightmare:

BigClive
12-31-2013, 01:39 PM
Wow.... That stuff has to be laced with something.

Based on it being a first post I think that garbled text may actually be an automated spam system trying to get its foot in the door.

Rob
01-02-2014, 08:28 AM
Based on it being a first post I think that garbled text may actually be an automated spam system trying to get its foot in the door.

Hadn't thought of that... Thanks