PDA

View Full Version : davis h elliot background question

hopeful lineman
08-17-2012, 11:23 AM
My dh Elliot background check is due back this week for groundsman position. He said as soon as it comes back, ill get started to work. The application only asks about felonies, but a few Yeats ago I participated in the theft of an opposing baseball teams mascot, I plead guilty and was charged with the lowest level misdemeanor. I'm not a thief I just made an immature decision at 19. Should this keep me from the job? Also, does anyone know what starting groundsman pay is? Any help is appreciated.

linhand
08-17-2012, 03:00 PM
The union contractors up north in the mid-west pay $23 to $30 depending on where you work. If that helps. Most contractors up here will still hire you with a felony as long as you have a good drivers license or CDL.

hopeful lineman
08-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Hey linhand, thanks for the info buddy. I appreciate it. If anybody else has anything its appreciated.

Pootnaigle
08-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Many years AGO I worked with their general line foreman........Sam Haskins. he was a stand up guy and knew his business well.I was impressed with him and his people. They went thru a lot of discomfort and never once complained about any of it.

reppy007
08-17-2012, 07:53 PM
I wouldnt sweat a misdemeanor,no biggie, a felony is much different,although I did work for a couple of contractors that had hired many guys with felonies,and if you didnt have one you were the minority.....one contractor hired anybody who came along it seemed,some didnt pass the drug test and were finally let go,and others had warrants for their arrest....when I say others Im not talking about just two or three guys either....by the way ,keep away from them mascots...you can get killed that way.

hopeful lineman
09-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Well, I got the job after all, and Sam Haskins son, John is the one who hired me. There's a Guy that is my landlord Jody "duck" Smith that worked under Sam, and my dad knows all three. I appreciate the help guys.

Pootnaigle
09-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Well, I got the job after all, and Sam Haskins son, John is the one who hired me. There's a Guy that is my landlord Jody "duck" Smith that worked under Sam, and my dad knows all three. I appreciate the help guys.

Ummmmm I dont know John but if he is anything like his Pappy you have dun fell in with good company