PDA

View Full Version : Powerlineman looking for flats boat--FL/GA areas

LostArt
09-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Heck, why not post it here! :D The Boss has been without a boat for close to 5 months now. I've gone with him a few times lookin'. And he has monopolized the computer and that is why I've not been around much lately! :D

He has narrowed it to these kinds:

Hewes
Maverick
Cayman Ranger
Ranger

(years between 2002-2009) And he would like one with a powerpole. Boat powerpole, that is. Heh.

He doesn't want anything new. And we found out anything "new" (2010-2012) has been trashed. You wouldn't believe the folks out there that don't take care of their stuff! Crazy. And he isn't spending more than 25k on a boat. And he thinks 25k is waay more than too much. :D

The boats listed above hold their value really well. Especially if they are clean and taken care of. We have been on Craigslist looking, but if it's not too far, and for the right price, we will take a look.

Keep a look out and give me a PM if you should find anything or post a link here. Thanks guys!

---LA

Pootnaigle
09-22-2012, 09:45 AM
Ummmmmmmm really a Flats boat??????? ummmmmmm they ride bad n will get ya wetful ummmmmmm n theys funny lookin to boot ummmmmmmmm he wud be better off wif sum waders

LostArt
09-22-2012, 10:07 AM
What can I say? He is a man who knows what he wants. He wants to get back in the little bitty cannels where all the fish are hiding.

I kept pointing to the purdy big ones and he asked if I was hiding 50 grand on him. :D

What can I say Poot? He is a funny fisherman. **shrugs**

Hambone
09-22-2012, 10:11 AM
I have a 2000 21ft carolina skiff with a 1986 112 johnson and a trolling motor on a tandem axle float-on alum trailer, Also put a jensen am-fm-cd player in it last year. Also has 42 gal gas tank. If interested, post me back and i will supply a pic and cell #.

LostArt
09-22-2012, 06:37 PM
I've sent you back an PM Hambone.

Speaking of economically sensible, the Boss says he needs two boats. One that he can get into the small channels and another bigger one for the flats. I suwannee. And he says this is for me. Yes, I'm laughing at him. :D

Here is the itty bitty one he is looking at:

http://daytona.craigslist.org/boa/3252091635.html

Pootnaigle
09-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Ummmmmmm thattsa tunnel hull n they kinda steer bad specially when yer goin baccards

reppy007
09-22-2012, 11:17 PM
Speaking of boating....Poot have you ever driven your stagecoach to Lake Travis or Canyon lake,pristine waters near Austin....Canyon lake is just a bit over 500ft deep sir...cant wade fish in some of those places,the drop-offs will get u every time.

LostArt
09-23-2012, 10:01 AM
We are going backwards alright. I don't know what he wants. Now he is looking at this one:

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/boa/3284842782.html

He keeps saying we need two though. Gracious.

reppy007
09-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Just watch out while dealing with craigslist....recently a couple sold a neighbors dog on craigslist...for 50 bucks....now they are in deep $hit

Pootnaigle
09-23-2012, 10:22 AM
UMMMMMMMMM YOU SHUD GO right out n get him a couple of boats Ummmmmmmmm the poor man has been boatless long enuff ummmmmmmm n after all he izza purdy gud yard man n werks cheep. Ummmmmmm itz only fitting that he shud be provided the oppertunity to wiggle his werm in the place of his choosing...........

T-Man
09-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Just watch out while dealing with craigslist....recently a couple sold a neighbors dog on craigslist...for 50 bucks....now they are in deep $hit

Must a been a BIG DOG. . . . . . :eek:

Pootnaigle
09-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Ummmmmmmmmm ebay mite wud be a more better option.

LostArt
09-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Ebay, eh? I have to laugh. We do a wide berth around any ebaying stuff. 'Course we haven't tried to get the hang of it either! LOL!

Remember, the Boss doesn't text. I just started that a year ago. I am kinda moving along now with technology. I purchased a Kindle a few months ago. And yesterday I purchased an iPad. Why? Well, I'd like to get online more! Right, I can't if the Boss is on the computer! :D

Reppy, we haven't had any problems thus far. Most of our purchases in the past have been word of mouth anyway. Might end up that way again. Who knows?

T-Man, you made me laugh buddy! :D

Pootnaigle
09-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Ummmmmmmmmm If you wud quiddit with buyin lecktronik stuff the poor Boss cud have him a boat

LostArt
09-23-2012, 07:19 PM
He needs no help from you Poot! :D

Pootnaigle
09-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Ummmmmmmm if sumbody dont help him ummmmmm he wont never getta boat, but he neeeds to getta minn Kota riptie trollin motor with the I pilot onnit too. thata way he dont hafta pole the boat frum the back of that funny lookin boat

reppy007
09-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Tell the boss to try spear fishing,theres a video on youtube where a guy spears a fish....giant grouper comes along and nearly takes the guys arm off,cause as far as hes concerned its his fish......I didnt know a grouper was that aggressive....LA try to get that vid....please

bren guzzi
09-24-2012, 04:13 AM
Get a boat quick.... Coz the urge to fish can cause a man to loose the plot.. :)

But it's good fun if the girls turn up....

reppy007
09-24-2012, 06:32 AM
I like that last photo Bren....certainly no guys in that one.:D

LostArt
09-24-2012, 07:43 PM
LOL! Well, I have to agree with reppy. That last pic "might" make him forget about a boat! Oh say until the perfect boat went by right in front of those lovely girls. :D

reppy007
09-24-2012, 08:53 PM
looking at the last photo,something is missing.......wheres Hef?

LostArt
10-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Well, it's over. We have two boats. We purchased a 2007 Skeeter last Saturday from our friend who was hurt on the line. He can no longer use his boat now. Center console with a 115 Evenrude. Right it's not enough horses for him, but he says he can live with it.

Then last Tuesday he found a tunnel hull with a 50 Mercury on it so we can fish in the creeks. No flats boat for now, but I'm sure if he founds the deal, he will be getting one. No doubt in my mind!

Thanks for the grins and for those that have been asking and sending me those funny pics and remarks! :D

linemanfrog
10-21-2012, 04:56 PM
I've got a Hewes 18 ft redfisher and love it. Its an 01 model with a 90 yamaha 2stroke on it. Wish I had a powerpole on the back of it as they seem to be pretty handy. It handles well and the only time I get wet is when it is too rough to be out fishing really. They make great boats.

I've been thinking about replacing it with more of a bay boat type as they are more little kid friendly but havent really put any effort into it as of yet.

LostArt
10-21-2012, 07:25 PM
I've got a Hewes 18 ft redfisher and love it. Its an 01 model with a 90 yamaha 2stroke on it. Wish I had a powerpole on the back of it as they seem to be pretty handy. It handles well and the only time I get wet is when it is too rough to be out fishing really. They make great boats.

I've been thinking about replacing it with more of a bay boat type as they are more little kid friendly but havent really put any effort into it as of yet.

Hey frog! We have looked at those also. We are going to see how this goes with the bay boat for a little while. As I said,it's not really what he had in mind. And yes, the Boss wants a power pole with one...for sure.

linemanfrog
10-21-2012, 10:16 PM
The boss wants a flats boat amd i want a bay boat....hmmmm sounds like could be a trading opportunity :)

LostArt
10-22-2012, 06:47 AM
Send some pics! Ya never know! :D