PDA

View Full Version : traffic signal ped problem

wjmushock
01-14-2013, 09:31 AM
The traffic signal peds are always on as if someone is pushing them what could be the problem:confused:

T-Man
01-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Those signs were part of the highway department where I'm from. So I have no time working them. I'd disconnect the button to open that circuit first, see what happens. Is it a digital circuit?

http://www.google.com/search?q=traffic+light+schematic+diagram&hl=en&client=mobilesearchapp&tbo=u&rlz=1MDAPLB_enUS505US505&channel=iss&v=2.5.1.13455&source=mobilesearchapp&qscrl=1&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ZSj0UP2zJ-eY2wXekoDgBA&ved=0CCwQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=686

Which schematic are you using?

BigClive
01-14-2013, 03:02 PM
As T-man says. If you were to isolate the button circuit at the controller that would show if there was an external short or if it was a controller issue. If isolating the affected external circuit clears the fault then try and find out where the short circuit is, whether it's a duff button, damaged cable or a short between adjacent terminals.

It could even be that there's water in something. (Which kinda happens a lot with outdoor stuff as you all know.)

If the fault does not clear when the external circuits are disconnected from the controller then it may be a duff controller input or corrupted settings.

As with anything involving the public, take care not to give everyone a green light simultaneously. :rolleyes:

clark25
08-15-2013, 01:06 AM
I have no idea about the problem of your traffic signal ped. i want to share this problem with other friends i hope they give some suggestion.