PDA

View Full Version : The Things That Make You Grin

LostArt
02-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Many things make me grin when I visit here these days. One of them is that nothing changes, just different users or posters. :D

I tend to forget the newbie doesn't know me. So, when I am called HE or SIR, it makes me grin.

Other things that make me grin:

Almost everyday the Boss makes me grin.

Driving in the car with my south Florida Yankie neighbor. She is in her mid 60's and everyone on the road is nuts in her book. Even those that are a mile behind her that is coming up fast. "I'm not moving over. The deers cross here on the interstate." She is also the road police. Always entertaining riding with her. Poot won't like her because she pretty much drives like A young Richard Petty. Weaving in and out of traffic like a race car driver. No lie. Last week we went to dinner with her and her husband and the Boss said,"Marsha, is there a fire?" LOL he has been laughing about my stories, but now he lived it. Yes, we lived to see another day! :D

Tell your grin stories here. Whether it be work or not.

neil macgregor
02-03-2013, 06:33 AM
Watching the slow demise of our once great rivals in soccer the rangers
One comedy of errors after another
Also seeing my team the mighty celtic blasting their way through europe
beating the best team in the world on the way(Barcelona )

duckhunter
02-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Whenever Michigan State wins, whenever U of M loses.

LostArt
02-03-2013, 12:06 PM
The look of surprise on my husband's face after something I have said or done. Even after 32 years of marriage.

When one of my children calls just to call.

neil macgregor
02-09-2013, 07:41 AM
The smell of home cooking after being at work all week

My little lads face when I walk in the door on a friday

LostArt
02-09-2013, 09:45 AM
The closing of our property located in our hometown. Oh, what a relief it is!

bren guzzi
02-09-2013, 11:56 AM
True story of my mum,

It was the early eighties in Dublin, punk was all the rage. And there wasn't thousands of coffee shops like now. If you wanted a nice coffee back then the place to go was upstairs in Roches stores in Henry street. Well my mum had a very stressful shopping trip and wanted a nice sit down and a coffee. So off she goes to Roches stores.

Well a lot of people had the same idea. The place was packed.. But she got her coffee and they sold small packets of biscuits to go with your coffee so she bought a four biscuits pack. When she looked around there were no seats available. .. Except for one. It was opposite a very large ( helped my a blue Mohican hair cut ) PUNK. saftey pins through his nose and the bondage trousers ,chains , tattoos etc etc. very intimidating ..

But my mum thinks to herself. " don't judge a book by the cover " and my brother was a bit of a punk himself , the sex pistols always blasting out of our front room.

So she sits down in front of this guy to enjoy her break. So picture the scene " my 5 ft 4 inch mother sitting in front of this very intimidating giant of a man.
She is sipping her coffee and reaches out to open her biscuits. She takes one out and proceeded to eat her biscuit. THIS PUNK reaches over and takes a biscuit out of the packet. Well my mum stares at him and he's stareing at her. My mum is pretty angry . BUT dosent say anything.
He then takes another buiscuit stareing at my mother ... At this stage my mum grabs the last buiscuit . She finishes her coffee and buiscuit and decides to head home. Very angrily heads to the bus stop. The bus comes .. And she puts her hand in her pocket to pay the bus driver. And guess what she finds in her pocket. HER PACKET OF FOUR BUISCUITS ... she had been eating the PUNKS BUISCUITS ......
That day when she came in from shopping in town she told me this story.. She was still shaking with emarasement .. I NEARLY COLLAPSED LAUGHING. . SHE DIDN'T SEE THE FUNNY SIDE FOR MANY YEARS. ..

And I wonder what the punk told his family when he got home.

Makes me laugh when I think about her that day. And I swear... It's a TRUE STORY .

LostArt
02-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Hehehe......I could tell a few mother-in-law stories, but I'll save most of you the extra reading material! :D

Old Line Dog
02-09-2013, 11:13 PM
Hehehe......I could tell a few mother-in-law stories, but I'll save most of you the extra reading material! :D

You couldn't Top that story of Bren and his mom if ya tried LA.:D

LostArt
02-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Oh yeah, I could top it. Ask Bren. :D

T-Man
02-10-2013, 02:34 PM
I bet the punk washed the blue out of his hair, combed it over similar to mums do, and left the chrome hardware on the dresser so he looked tough like your mum, then went to the coffee shop to filch biscuits from who ever looked scared of him. . . . That's what I bet happened?:D

reppy007
02-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Thinking of being on that broken down cruise ship kinda makes me grin....before setting off a person has the perfect picture in their mind.Nice sunny beaches...nice deck to relax on and watch as people enjoy sunning themselves...having all the food that anyone could want....all the drinking you could handle.....only to be stuck on the floating ship with over 4,000 people that must be now stinking badly...toilets that aint working...food that must be going bad by now....and using parts of your vacation days that were meant to be used later....yea,I grin....better them ,than me.:D

duckhunter
02-13-2013, 02:44 PM
I started last night and it carried over today. MSU 75 - U of M 52!

reppy007
02-13-2013, 03:06 PM
I started last night and it carried over today. MSU 75 - U of M 52!

That close of a game Mr.duck????

reppy007
02-13-2013, 06:21 PM
About a week and a half ago....while talking to many lineman...one approached me and said, reppy...you must of heard this before...than told me that he thought that I had died....Honestly,I grinned and assured him that,yea Ive heard that....and told him of a story when a foreman turned white as a ghost after seeing me.....the poor foreman even had me fooled for a second or two....thinking back ...I should have yelled on top of my lungs a big ...............Boooooooooooooooooo:D:D:D

reppy007
02-15-2013, 11:16 PM
This wont top Brens story by no means...but just when you thought that you heard it all,,heres another one.....Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue is being called racist by some...the models being photographed with folks from other countries is racist they claim....you decide...while I grin ear to ear:D:):D

LostArt
02-17-2013, 10:00 AM
I'm in Lowe's and it's around 5pm when I receive this text:

"Hey Sweetheart! I'll be home in 20 minutes! Muaaah!"

I was confused for a second and then I started laughing. Our family friend and electrician sent the text to the wrong TRACY. Kinda reminded me of Byron and all his Tracy friends! :D

By the way, my confussion started at "sweetheart". The Boss does not call me sweetheart. And the "muaah"....uh, no.

reppy007
02-17-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm in Lowe's and it's around 5pm when I receive this text:

"Hey Sweetheart! I'll be home in 20 minutes! Muaaah!"

I was confused for a second and then I started laughing. Our family friend and electrician sent the text to the wrong TRACY. Kinda reminded me of Byron and all his Tracy friends! :D

By the way, my confussion started at "sweetheart". The Boss does not call me sweetheart. And the "muaah"....uh, no.

Make us all grin....what does the boss call you.

LostArt
02-17-2013, 10:30 AM
Make us all grin....what does the boss call you.

Woman, Dear, Wife. He is an original. :D

reppy007
02-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Just Kidding so dont take it too seriously....I would really grin if I saw the look on Swamps face if he visited Mt.Rushmore....looking up at all the Presidents faces and seeing a smiling Obama smiling down at him:D....yea...talking about an instant heart attack.:nightmare:

Old Line Dog
02-19-2013, 07:12 PM
I would really grin if I saw the look on Swamps face if he visited Mt.Rushmore....looking up at all the Presidents faces and seeing a smiling Obama smiling down at him....yea...talking about an instant heart attack.:nightmare:

That's a pretty cool Idea!:D

He's almost a god nowdays anyway. In 4 more years, he will be.

I think americans should just make him the first "King" of america and let him rule over america forever.

He doesn't need the constitution, and we don't either anymore.:cool: We really should start working on RUSHmore NOW. So it will be done and ready for his corination as King in 2016.:cool:

reppy007
03-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Just when you think....seems like Rick Perry wants to run for president in 2016....you would think....well you know?:nightmare:

LostArt
03-26-2013, 09:47 AM
He walks in the house wet from his waist down. "Don't tell me you fell out of the boat." He grins and says, "Okay, I won't."

He kills me. He really does.