PDA

View Full Version : Serious Power outage....

Old Line Dog
02-03-2013, 09:34 PM
AT the Super Bowl!!
Will be really interesting to find out the Actual story behind it. They said it was "Power company" related.

My theory is...2 sets of transformers, 2 backups, and 2 that power the stadium. 1 powers 1 half, the other powers the other half.

1 of the main transformers went down.

The 35 minutes it took to get the power back on was...."Switching". Just my guess. Pretty **** good job by the Linecrews on site at the Bowl though....

Good Job Line Gentlemen!!! Good Job!!!:cool:

Pootnaigle
02-03-2013, 11:08 PM
ummm my guess is that thwy use HID lights and a voltage drop of AS LITTLE AS 2 VOLTS WILL CAUSE THEM TO CYCLE IT TAKES AWHILE FOR THE BULBS TO COOL DOWN BEFORE THEY ARE GONNA COME BACK ON

loodvig
02-04-2013, 06:02 AM
NFL = No F'in Lights. Glad I never had a outage call like that. No preasure at all!

BigClive
02-04-2013, 04:24 PM
It wasn't just a dip killing the halides, since all the LED sign panels and scoring went off too. Power company said it was gear on the customers side.

Either way, a rather unpleasant situation for the crew that had to get it back on as fast as possible. It's rather "intense" when something goes wrong on a show.

Lineman North Florida
02-04-2013, 06:48 PM
It's hard to guarantee power 24/7/365, things happen and usually at the most inopportune times, people are spoiled, if they wanted guaranteed power they ought to have had it in the middle of the day while the sun was shining.:D

lightman
02-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Glad I was not on call there! Caught enough crap from my friends, sitting 400 miles away! Lightman

reppy007
02-05-2013, 02:08 PM
It may have been pre-planned....with that power outage,I wonder how many more commercials had to be added.....prime time must cost big time these days..anyone know the cost these days for a commercial?

neil macgregor
02-07-2013, 04:06 PM
As if it wasnt long enough you go and add another half hour