PDA

View Full Version : caught off guard

reppy007
02-25-2013, 01:03 PM
How many of you have been caught off guard...weather-wise.I can remember twice...once as a helper and once as a young Jy....as a helper I wore a t-shirt to work..must have been around 70 degrees or so outside....stayed busy due to trouble into the next day....by then it was around 20 dergrees....the second time was about the same,but I did have a jacket...not enough though...no long johns....the wind chill kicked our a$$E$.....now I watch the news often:D...just to find out how it will feel:D

Pootnaigle
02-25-2013, 02:34 PM
many times

reppy007
02-25-2013, 02:41 PM
many times

That front that moved in today,,,we only got a few drops...and its going to get colder tonight...how did u fair?

Pootnaigle
02-25-2013, 05:22 PM
ummmmm bout the same

Orgnizdlbr
02-25-2013, 08:27 PM
How many of you have been caught off guard...weather-wise.I can remember twice...once as a helper and once as a young Jy....as a helper I wore a t-shirt to work..must have been around 70 degrees or so outside....stayed busy due to trouble into the next day....by then it was around 20 dergrees....the second time was about the same,but I did have a jacket...not enough though...no long johns....the wind chill kicked our a$$E$.....now I watch the news often:D...just to find out how it will feel:D

Long Johns, in Texas???? You're sh!tting me right???? I've worked in snow storms, ice storms and wind whipping the chill below zero and never wore Long johns.

UGL
02-25-2013, 08:57 PM
I've been caught off guard a few times. However the most memorable was when I was working a urd and we got a call saying a tornado warning had been issued near where we were working. The skies were clear but the crewleader and I decided to get a tarp out incase it started to rain. It wasn't 5 minutes after the phone call the wind picked up and it started to rain and hail. We both jumped in the pit covered ourselves and the pit with a tarp. It only lasted about 15 minutes. After was all said and done we were both soaked and the pit had about of foot of water in it. We could hear siren off in the distance. And operated called us to ask if we were ok and said a tornado touched down 12 miles north of our location and multipul feeders had locked out. That was probably the worst.

reppy007
02-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Naw,not $hitting u...Ive met many people from up north that said they love the cold,and that it didnt bother them....until the rubber meets the road....then they want to be inside...even in Texas.....but Im happy that you got a laugh @ the long johns bit:D

Pootnaigle
02-26-2013, 03:49 AM
Ummmmmm yeah atexas kin get plum coldful and with the humidity bean hi alla time it kin cut ya rite to the bone

Orgnizdlbr
02-26-2013, 04:53 AM
Ummmmmm yeah atexas kin get plum coldful and with the humidity bean hi alla time it kin cut ya rite to the bone

Not thinking the humidity is worse than Jersey Poot...... Let me ask, you all wear long johns and carhartts.....? I work with guys put long johns on in Oct. and don't take em off till May. They sweat like dogs in the truck......!

Pootnaigle
02-26-2013, 09:40 AM
Ummmm thats a prollem here alla time the temp warms up n yer stuck werkin in yer long drawers n that gets plum hotful

LostArt
02-27-2013, 07:02 PM
I guess it is different here in Florida Georgie. The Boss doesn't even own a pair of long johns. Now, he does have a warm Carhart jumper. :D

The weather is crazy though. In the 70's today, but is going to be freezin' weather on Monday! And the dogwoods were just about to bloom. :-(

It flooded and hailed in my hometown, Live Oak, Monday. My brother took pics of his golf size hail. Crazy stuff.

Old Line Dog
02-27-2013, 08:38 PM
I've never worn Long johns. Even when I worked in "Cold Country" Tried em once.....They itch like hell, and make it Real hard to take a P...., let alone a C....:D

Underware, jeans, and insulated Carhart bib overalls, and a Carhart Horsehair lined Jacket. With Hood if necessary. Hard hat liner with ear protection...Pretty much good to go.

Darn Carharts REALLY Cut the wind.

Orgnizdlbr
02-28-2013, 04:55 AM
I guess it is different here in Florida Georgie. The Boss doesn't even own a pair of long johns. Now, he does have a warm Carhart jumper. :D

The weather is crazy though. In the 70's today, but is going to be freezin' weather on Monday! And the dogwoods were just about to bloom. :-(

It flooded and hailed in my hometown, Live Oak, Monday. My brother took pics of his golf size hail. Crazy stuff.

I don't own em either Gracie, too **** hot! Like Swamp posted, and if it gets too cold for the carhartts it's time to get in the truck for a while.....