Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

This is 10 kva pots paralleled togather for a house that looks to have been built in the 30's looked on the wrk order to see if I could possibly find when there was power installed in this rural location
    Couldn't find nothing ill post a few more

Thought y'all might like this

Oh yeah 120/240 single phase

Probably wont never see this again still wondering why they welded two pots togather to get this setup

All they looked to have needed was a 5 kva pot by the size of the house
    Last edited by joe b; 03-03-2013 at 10:56 PM.

2. Default

Picture not working

I wish I had a photo of a transformer that I saw back in the late 80s...looked just like one,but was made of hard plastic..bushings and all,painted gray....this one had a small window with a camera inside....we would hang them for the DEA,also hanged street lights for them,they also would film whatever the DEA wanted them to....I asked my foreman about hazardous pay,that didnt fly....we would go up in buckets and hang them with the criminals watching us,they didnt know what we were doing,but they didnt really like anyone around either......I talked to one guy that had a customized vehicle....siezed ofcourse....he had many monitors in his vehicle and showed me around....he said watch this......I asked what he was watching...and he said it was smugglers in South America....so even back then they were watching from long distances.Ive never heard any lineman from anywhere else doing this...but Im sure there are many who have helped the DEA....Its not like you have a choice.

Just be carefull because a lot of those old pots had PCB's.
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    I wish I had a photo of a transformer that I saw back in the late 80s...looked just like one,but was made of hard plastic..bushings and all,painted gray....this one had a small window with a camera inside....we would hang them for the DEA,also hanged street lights for them,they also would film whatever the DEA wanted them to....I asked my foreman about hazardous pay,that didnt fly....we would go up in buckets and hang them with the criminals watching us,they didnt know what we were doing,but they didnt really like anyone around either......I talked to one guy that had a customized vehicle....siezed ofcourse....he had many monitors in his vehicle and showed me around....he said watch this......I asked what he was watching...and he said it was smugglers in South America....so even back then they were watching from long distances.Ive never heard any lineman from anywhere else doing this...but Im sure there are many who have helped the DEA....Its not like you have a choice.

We have these fancy things also ours look just like transformers hung one back in nov.

Funny thing is most of the ones I hung weren't in tha hood, they were in some pretty nice neighborhoods

Quote Originally Posted by loodvig View Post
    Just be carefull because a lot of those old pots had PCB's.
    Thanks for pointing that out loodvig I was very careful and also pointed this out to the young guys they went straight to our containment area of the truck

Just thought y'all might like those pics

Quote Originally Posted by joe b View Post
    We have these fancy things also ours look just like transformers hung one back in nov.

Funny thing is most of the ones I hung weren't in tha hood, they were in some pretty nice neighborhoods
    Another funny thing was that some had switches,and the barrel was always left open...not that regular person would know better.....than some were alone....no switch ,no highside ,no anything...except some secondaries carrying the 120volts that was needed.

I'm sorry the one I hung in November was just a funny looking box sit rite below a trans. That was already in service my bad

We do have the transformer one to though!!

It would be a good beer keg idea,,,having the spout located on the sec.bushings....only thing is...only drunk lineman would drink out of it...or get those guys on tv to build you a glass transformer.....it would be a cool fish tank also.

Featured Sponsorr

Im going to ask about that rifle in the first photo,above the window....what type is it and how old is it?