Default gloves and sleeves outbreak

Featured Sponsor

Got a friend who has problem with the rubber gloves and sleeves breaking skin out in rashes similar to poison oak. Has anyone had or heard of this issue and was there any remedies
    Linemanblood

Default Yes I have

A lineman I worked with hands started breaking out, peeling, cracking, etc very bad. He went to his doctor who sent him to a dermatologist when the dr could not help him. Turns out our glove testing shop changed the type of soap they washed out gloves in every month during testing. He was was having an allergic reaction to the soap each time he wore his gloves. From then on, our shop only washed his gloves in clean water and his problems went away. Hope this helps, it is worth a try anyways. I know he would even rinse his gloves out regularly but that didn't help enough which is why they stopped using soap on his gloves.
    Take only what you earn, give only what you can, learn to respect yourself before you can expect to respect anything or anyone else.

Default Thanks i 'll pass it on .

I pass this on .
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by linemanfrog View Post
    A lineman I worked with hands started breaking out, peeling, cracking, etc very bad. He went to his doctor who sent him to a dermatologist when the dr could not help him. Turns out our glove testing shop changed the type of soap they washed out gloves in every month during testing. He was was having an allergic reaction to the soap each time he wore his gloves. From then on, our shop only washed his gloves in clean water and his problems went away. Hope this helps, it is worth a try anyways. I know he would even rinse his gloves out regularly but that didn't help enough which is why they stopped using soap on his gloves.
    Linemanblood

It's possibly a latex allergy.

Default I had it bad once.

Featured Sponsorr

I had the same rash. I did everything rinsed my gloves, put in talc, wore liners. It cleared up. What I did was buy those real light liners at the pharmacy so it doesnt reduce your dexterity. Then I poured water in my gloves after use. Then I put foot anti fungal powder. It cleared up. I was scared about it. Thought I had eczema or some crazy ass disease. But I was in gloves eight to ten hours a day, six days a week. . .48 changes of gloves. . .bound to catch something. I was afraid to touch my newborn. Tell your buddy take a vacation or if you are in construction take a substation job and get out of them for awhile.