1. Default Underground Equipotential Zone Grounding

Featured Sponsor

I am wondering what you all are doing for this? Are you using grounding mats? Isolating by stand-offs and also cutting the concentric at thoses points? We are in the midsts of trying to figure this all out at my utility. Any input or trends you all know about would be great.

Thanks!

Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by lineman808 View Post
    I am wondering what you all are doing for this? Are you using grounding mats? Isolating by stand-offs and also cutting the concentric at thoses points? We are in the midsts of trying to figure this all out at my utility. Any input or trends you all know about would be great.

Thanks!
    Assuming the transformers are grounded, and the concentric is bonded to the ground, lay a grounding mat down and bond it to the ground. Everything then is at the same potential. If you are working on the actual conductor, ground the conductor with grounding bushings at the open points on either side of your work location. At that point everything should be at the same potential as the mat you are on while working. If you remove the ground from the concentric at your location make sure the concentric is bonded across before you remove the grounds.

3. Default

Thank you for your response!
    So is this what you do at your jobs? Are you a utility or a contractor? I only ask so i can try to see what the going trend is out there. I am trying to get a feel for the industry as a whole. Any ideas?

Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by lineman808 View Post
    Thank you for your response!
    So is this what you do at your jobs? Are you a utility or a contractor? I only ask so i can try to see what the going trend is out there. I am trying to get a feel for the industry as a whole. Any ideas?
    Distribution Transmission Partnership. See my post under EPZ.