Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Bands"....

1. Thumbs up "Bands"....

Featured Sponsor

Last edited by Old Line Dog; 06-28-2013 at 04:13 PM.
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

I dont know if you could call them bands today...they aint too good, thats for sure....gone are the good bands.....remember the days when they had curtains on Tv...those are gone too....some bands were susposed to be great....bands like Boston only had one good album......Peter Frampton wasnt that great(((((but ))))))))that one song was all he needed

Blog Entries

Never in the Filmore West. For all you youngsters out there who care to hear the greatest live album ever recorded, pick up Allman Brothers "live at the Filmore East" recorder before Duane was killed, the music today can't hold a candle to it. And all these years later it still holds up!
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Are you calling us 50 yr old something's too young to remember or know those Greg? Oh, that is funny!

I know Georgie.....I am a kid. Actually, I am not complaining! I am older than Reppy!

With the exception of, I believe one of the above groups, they all only had maybe two or three really "good" songs. **** near every one of the groups listed had major drug and/or alcohol related tragedies. Ya, great examples for the "youngens" of today or back then. Hey, look at us, we make good music when we're high! Does it still happen today? Sure, but nowhere near as often as then.
    And I'm sorry, but the group names of the past really aren't that cool.

It happened though. Truthfully? I grew up listening to my parents music of the '50's and singing along with those. Back in the early '70s we finally would get the top hits of the week on radio. By the mid 70's we were rockin and rollin'! I didn't realize how awful the words were until I had my children! Then my kids liked some of our music....course some of those bands are still around! Drugs and fast living didn't get them all! Oh, and my father didn't like our music. "Bunch of hippies." I caught the tail end of that era.

There are some music today out there that I like. Most of the time it is the beat or the sound because the content isn't quite my thing, but neither was some of the music back in the day. And as you grow older, you will still have the good memories of what the music will remind you of. And you will hear the next generation saying today's music lacked something or about the drama that goes on now.

It is a circle. a never ending circle.

Sinatra did have the voice....Elvis had it....dont know if there will ever be any a great as they were.....I have an interestion question.....who was the best drummer/drummers......guess Ringo Starr wont come up.....

The list is endless, The Band, Chambers Brothers, Allman Brothers, Zeppelin, it just goes on and on.

So in your opinion, having to dress up to attend a show in that porta potty of a town makes it good? Really? So if one didn't dress up the show wasn't as good? Did you have to burn a couple joints at these shows to make them better too?

I never said that the bands doing drugs was a detriment to the music. To clear this up, I said the drugs were the only reason most of these bands made half way tolerable music. Take the drugs away and they could hardly function. And I'm sorry, but I've never had to burn a couple joints to make music or a show better. As for the 60's mentality, I'm proud to say I never drank the "peace, love and rock and roll man" Koolaid.

And again no, the names weren't cool. The only cool things to come out of the 60's were muscle cars.

Featured Sponsorr

I thought those patches people wore were cool..........the yellow happy faces and the red ,white and blue hand that had the peace sign....