Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question La Sportiva Boots......??

Featured Sponsor

Closing in on 30 years in the hooks and if my money is right; I've got 9 more years to climb proudly!

For those who wear La Sportiva boots.....what's your opinion? Durability, type, on a pole and curiously enough the sizing issue. I normally wear a EE but it seems they don't make one. Do they run larger/wider by a half or whole size?

Thanks in advance brothers and stay safe out there!!!

very durable, they run true to size on conversion to italian or whatever it is. they come with an additional thick tongue that can be taken out to give a little more room. they do not breathe well, very hot in warmer weather. they are good for climbing steel , underground (water proof), climbing and running around on the ground. my first two pairs lasted me around two years each until they were shot out. they cant be rebuilt.

ive moved on to other boots that breathe.

I owned a pair in the past they were ok for the price point. I eventually bought a pair of Viberg and haven't owned a pair of boots for work other than that since. I have 2 pairs of Viberg 75x's that I rotate in and out of service. When the heels or tread are gone I just ship them out and 2-4 weeks later they are right back good as new. In a pinch Hoffman will resole them for 75 bucks or so and they do a great job. Best boot I've ever owned.

Work Safely,

L. A. Martin
    Journeyman Div III
    CVEC
    There's no such thing as "The End Of The Line!"

If you think you are worth what you know, you are very wrong. Your knowledge today does not have much value beyond a couple of years. Your value is what you can learn and how easily you can adapt to the changes this profession brings so often. -- Jose M. Aguilar

I had a pair, but as stated above, they were way too hot. Feet would be soaked every time I wore them. They also felt like I was walking in ski boots all day. I too bought Vibergs right after the Sportivas. Bought two pair and have had them for about 10 years. I'll never buy a different boot.

5. Default

I'd check out the meindl Hoffman boots, my personal favorite, now I'm being forced to wear an EH Boot for some stupid reason, I've got a pair of the la sportiva karakurum's not a bad boot but I wouldn't want to spend a lot of time up a pole in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Dog View Post
    I think it's funny...and Interesting, all the "Boot Talk".

"Way too hot" huh Tramp? That's funny as siht man.

In a 10 hr. day....I've been up a pole, on a backlot Changeout...6 hours, many, many times.
    Last thing I ever thought about...was my "feet got Hot". It's LINEWORK man!!

Lineman Boots...Personal opinion.

Ya read what Some linemen like...and ya make your decision of what YOU want to wear.

There are a lot of good Linemen boots out there. But Seriously...How many Linemen....now days, unless you're a contractor...Actually spend more than 1 hour up a pole in your hooks a day?

Anyway....for Linemen who actually WORK in Line boots, and spend TIME actually Up the Pole...I personally like...Wesco...

http://workingperson.com/wesco-boots...FYOK4Aodw1gAdw

It's just a "Different"...Linework nowdays....
    Just like all your other posts, this one doesn't make sense either.

A guy asks for opinions on a certain type of boot, people respond and YOU thing it's funny and interesting. Do you have any experience with the boot he's referring to? Have you ever worn them? If not, why do you feel the need to respond to something you obviously know nothing about? Kinda like line work in general for you, huh?

Why is "way too hot" funny to you? Within a half hour of putting the boots on, my feet were soaked with sweat. Does that turn you on? Is that your thing? Other men's sweaty feet! It's ok if that's what your into. Strange, but to each his own.

In your normal 10 hour day, I'm pretty sure the only pole you were on for 6 hours was your supervisors.

The only reason line work is "different" now a days is because guys like you f*^ked it up for the now a days guys.

Thank you all! I went ahead and ordered the La Sportivas and they arrived yesterday. One thing is certain they are STIFF. I'm in the last 1/3 of my career but I still enjoy climbing. At almost 50 years old my feet have taken an ass whipping over the years and I just want a boot that is solid for everything.....poles, ladders and just walking around.

Again thank you all for the replies.........these were actually reasonably priced and my company reimburses me up $150.00.

Stay safe out there fellas!!

Thats a new one on me.....now they reimburse you guys for boots,guess the hall got involved on this one

Default Royer or rovaks I love.

I could never find a good combination of right of way and climbing boot. I hate those guys that say wait a minute I have to put my climbing boots on. The same guys that always have to do a number 2 right when you have to start work and two or three other guys have to wait for mr. Regular that drives ten or fifteen miles to find a clean stall. The best walking and climbing boot is royers for me. Plus they have 20 kv protection. True story with those boots, troubleman had a phase on top of him on the ground and he had a twenty year old pair of royers and the guy survived. They had holes, tears, everything. They took his old pair of boots and filled them with bb's and they still were good. I have had idiots put tails on me. I want to thank a canadian friend for turning me on to those boots. I have worn out 6 pairs so far. They are ugly but who cares.

Featured Sponsorr

Royers makes a heck of a good boot. I have a pair that are my walk arounds (boots I wear at home) and a pair that I very rarely wear at work (my PACS). Nice post Bobbo!

Work Safely,

L.A.Martin
    Journeyman Div III
    CVEC
    There's no such thing as "The End Of The Line!"

If you think you are worth what you know, you are very wrong. Your knowledge today does not have much value beyond a couple of years. Your value is what you can learn and how easily you can adapt to the changes this profession brings so often. -- Jose M. Aguilar