Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Who makes the best GPS?

Featured Sponsor

I am not as sophisticated as Poot is and have a GPS in my radio thingy. Yes, I have a Caddy, but it doesn't have the bells and whistles. So, I need a GPS to stick on my dash. Which is the best GPS these days?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LostArt View Post
    I am not as sophisticated as Poot is and have a GPS in my radio thingy. Yes, I have a Caddy, but it doesn't have the bells and whistles. So, I need a GPS to stick on my dash. Which is the best GPS these days?
    Gracie, do you have Onstar? If so, get the directions package, I love it, they download directions turn by turn to your radio and show up on your radio screen!
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Umm TomTom makes a good un

Default Gps

I use Garmin NUVI, I've had Magellan and they sucked. plus I have all the First Energy poles, padmounts, subs and service centers loaded in my Garmin
    Been to hell but the DEVIL said i was a crazy Motherfu&$er

I don't have Onstar Georgie. We are cheap. No Sirius either. We don't travel much. I say we don't, but this the second time to Tennessee in 3 months. I went with my Aunt then and she had it in her radio like Poot.

I might just borrow Purdy's again like we did to go to Ft Myers to get the boat. Unless I can get the Boss out of the recliner today!

Quote Originally Posted by linescum View Post
    I use Garmin NUVI, I've had Magellan and they sucked. plus I have all the First Energy poles, padmounts, subs and service centers loaded in my Garmin
    I looked at the reviews and they had that Magellan as #1. I know the Boss loves his Garmin on the boat.

Poot, how long have you had that Tom Tom?

Default Smart phones

If you have a smart phone (Droid or Iphone) they have some good aps for gps. When we went up north for Sandy last year they were life savers. Luckily just about every bucket truck had a smart phone in it, if it weren't for that we would have had to go clear the shelves at walmart or somewhere of GPS's.
    Take only what you earn, give only what you can, learn to respect yourself before you can expect to respect anything or anyone else.

Umm I aint got TOMTOM BUT MY SON DUZ I HAZZA gARMIN NUVI

Frog, which iPhone do you recommend! That's right, I don't have either of those either! LOL I do have an iPad. I would only have to get it thru Verizon. Which I haven't done yet. I know, I know! I am way behind times! Now, Poot is out doing me!

Featured Sponsorr

I have a droid Bionic that is a work phone and an Iphone 4s for a personal (just got the iphone a few weeks ago). Personally I prefer the Droid, but since you already have an Ipad then the Iphone would be a quick learn for ya. If you use your Ipad for music, then you can pair it up with the Iphone and have your music on both.

Of course the smart phone works well regardless of its design, they are super handy for all sorts of things other than just talking. Emailing, pictures, music, maps, navigation, internet, etc, etc. Take a few of them for a 'test drive' of sorts at the store. Also get a good quality case that protects against dropping, water, etc. They actually have some that are dang awesome that are mil spec for anti crushing, water proof, dust proof, etc that are about 130 but they have no belt clip/case and are only for Iphones.
    Take only what you earn, give only what you can, learn to respect yourself before you can expect to respect anything or anyone else.