Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    I'm on the mountain a mile high in the pines. Retiring the last of March 44 years. And I know nothing.
    Nice!

Little different URD up there...where the snowplows roam!

Umm I bleve when they dig the trenchs a n above ground marker shud be set so a feller cud tell atta glance where the wire ran

Default i agree

Quote Originally Posted by lewy View Post
    Closing in on a known fault is plain stupid and unnecessary today, whether or not you are on a loop system or a radial. We have multiple circuits and stations all tied together both overhead and underground. I think most understand that if you loose 1 circuit, it is nice to be able to pick up as much load as possible with another circuit.

Im new hear. I agree. its not safe to close in on a 90% dead fault. BUT. working for a large company in PA as a trouble man working alone. I always had to give it a POKE. overhead underground,,, lines I couldn't even totally patrol. Give it a poke.
    That said. its is not fun being alone and refusing a 100T FUSE that has violently blown, on a 19920 riser. YEP toss it in with a 15 foot stick ( cause I couldn't use a extendo hear) double ear plug and toss it in. yep, blew my hard hat off. wish it would have hit a car!!!!
    That's when the fun starts. dispatcher wants you to go in the middle and pull and park elbows by youself and go give it another poke.
    Company is met-ed, bought out by first energy.
    When they would say be safe, I would say safety is a joke. then im the bad person.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lineman1234 View Post
    Im new hear. I agree. its not safe to close in on a 90% dead fault. BUT. working for a large company in PA as a trouble man working alone. I always had to give it a POKE. overhead underground,,, lines I couldn't even totally patrol. Give it a poke.
    That said. its is not fun being alone and refusing a 100T FUSE that has violently blown, on a 19920 riser. YEP toss it in with a 15 foot stick ( cause I couldn't use a extendo hear) double ear plug and toss it in. yep, blew my hard hat off. wish it would have hit a car!!!!
    That's when the fun starts. dispatcher wants you to go in the middle and pull and park elbows by youself and go give it another poke.
    Company is met-ed, bought out by first energy.
    When they would say be safe, I would say safety is a joke. then im the bad person.
    im retired from JCP&L, your assessment of FE is correct. Not sure about Met Ed, but dispatchers at JC have no line experience whatsoever. I never let them tell me how to shoot trouble.
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Default ssme

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    im retired from JCP&L, your assessment of FE is correct. Not sure about Met Ed, but dispatchers at JC have no line experience whatsoever. I never let them tell me how to shoot trouble.
    Good for you. for being retired like myself.
    a dispatcher being 60 miles away. its easy to say just give it a poke.
    as someone is going to work in the morning with a wire on the car and they push it off just at the time one pokes it. not cool at all