Default PG&E Journeyman Tests

Featured Sponsor

Going to be taking the first set of tests to get hired on with PG&E tomorrow. I have to take the PBT test and the JLKA test. Anyone know what to expect?study guides?any tips? Thanks guys

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ttsho View Post
    Going to be taking the first set of tests to get hired on with PG&E tomorrow. I have to take the PBT test and the JLKA test. Anyone know what to expect?study guides?any tips? Thanks guys
    Good Luck man!!! There are a few PG&E guys on this board....You'd think they would talk to ya and give ya some info.

Anyway....Good Luck!!!!
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

No worries.... Thanks

4. Default

ttsho if you p.m. me I Will tell you what I know. Problem is the tests have now changed and are not the same ones I took.

5. Default

I was hired on last April, the only advice I will give you is make sure you can provide the
    "job scared" look without personal conviction. They are more concerned with hiring "yes men",
    or "subjects" than lineman. They need lineman there is no doubt but, mostly what they end up with are fellas that aren't necessarily lineman for the love of the trade but, because it ensures a reliable paycheck in California that makes this place dangerous and has been reflected in its
    mortality rate of late. Unless the union starts stepping up to the plate to defend the men, they will not retain the amount of real lineman that they desperately need. The system is so antiquated because of the mild climate, believe it or not they are still installing open wire secondary
    horizontal arms on new construction, if this were storm country,we would still be picking up wire from last year, lol. They are just now being pushed to do more hot work due to the CEO being
    from the east. Because of all the scheduled outages here, the general view from the public is
    negative. There are some good hands here, don't get me wrong I've met a handful but, they are California natives who have been subjected to the inflated numbers their whole lives and don't know what reality and liberty really are. Sadly, for most of those who choose to buy a home, to have some since of ownership, as our forefathers intended, become enslaved to it as PG&E well knows, they have become as the gov't, master manipulators, you loose your job, most likely you loose your house,ergo, a slave to misfortune.The state is broke, they are infiltrated by
    ideologies that contradict our constitution. Power company's are a massive guaranteed revenue. To secure some of these monies the company has been granted a legalized monopoly, so the
    state and feds are balls deep in the shadows. If you are a lineman you can get a job here but, if your principled, you'll have a hard time staying. It's unfortunate, as the weather is great and
    the pay is decent but, such is life.

6. Default

Lol, linehandjlc.....Hehe, and for a few of those reasons you meantioned the company wont get as many applicants as they think.

Quote Originally Posted by linehandjlc View Post
    I was hired on last April, the only advice I will give you is make sure you can provide the
    "job scared" look without personal conviction. They are more concerned with hiring "yes men",
    or "subjects" than lineman. They need lineman there is no doubt but, mostly what they end up with are fellas that aren't necessarily lineman for the love of the trade but, because it ensures a reliable paycheck in California that makes this place dangerous and has been reflected in its
    mortality rate of late. Unless the union starts stepping up to the plate to defend the men, they will not retain the amount of real lineman that they desperately need. The system is so antiquated because of the mild climate, believe it or not they are still installing open wire secondary
    horizontal arms on new construction, if this were storm country,we would still be picking up wire from last year, lol. They are just now being pushed to do more hot work due to the CEO being
    from the east. Because of all the scheduled outages here, the general view from the public is
    negative. There are some good hands here, don't get me wrong I've met a handful but, they are California natives who have been subjected to the inflated numbers their whole lives and don't know what reality and liberty really are. Sadly, for most of those who choose to buy a home, to have some since of ownership, as our forefathers intended, become enslaved to it as PG&E well knows, they have become as the gov't, master manipulators, you loose your job, most likely you loose your house,ergo, a slave to misfortune.The state is broke, they are infiltrated by
    ideologies that contradict our constitution. Power company's are a massive guaranteed revenue. To secure some of these monies the company has been granted a legalized monopoly, so the
    state and feds are balls deep in the shadows. If you are a lineman you can get a job here but, if your principled, you'll have a hard time staying. It's unfortunate, as the weather is great and
    Don't keep this **** inside man, let it out! How do you really feel?
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Default I will never work power company.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by linehandjlc View Post
    Sold my soul twice before. All these young kids in construction want to go power company. Every good construction hand I know all tried it. Know one guy who was going to off himself because of all bull****, politics and ass kissing. I am happy with construction I always learn a different way every so often. For two years I wasnt aloud to windmille an arm because they have never seen it. And I showed one guy at he went to the foreman and said I was unsafe. I couldnt handle all the BS, as soon as I went back to construction I windmilled phases on an arm, and I was so happy.

I couldnt handle the arrogance. And they dont know we run circles around them as far as production.

Also I dont like this new trend of having all these inspectors, ccms, bird dogging and babysitting. The only time I saw them 10 years ago was a major switching outage, cutting over from 7200 to 19.9, not everyday. If I cause an outage or tripped the circuit just give my checks. I dont need to see them everyday doing their safety audits and whatever they need to do to find purpose. They should be doing what they need to be doing, making sure the material is correct, correct the planner when he writes down pull guys and there are no anchors. Make my job easier not harder. They need to go to school and learn basic code, Nesc, and learn how to write switching orders. Not drive around and inspect chock blocks. Now they are really young, a job for an older guy with his knees and back blown out. Not a worm who wants a title that has more or less syllables.

The people who can and do are a rare species now.

Arrrgh. I vented.

I am so blessed that I work with the most professional outfit I have worked with in all my life. I dont have to worry about power company stuff, because my leadership deals with them. Most of the time the power company is in the way.
    Last edited by bobbo; 08-06-2013 at 06:10 PM.