Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Take a guess.

1. Default Take a guess.

Featured Sponsor

Alright this is what my partner and I had last night. Dispatchers sent him to check on this underground circuit @ this
    subdivision To make sure the circuit was in normal arrangement.

This territory the company we work for bought a few years back and the labeling system was very poor.
    We go to the first N.O. and it was plugged. Two tubs down it was parked. The next N.O. we go to is plugged. So we
    Go to the normal feed cabinet right off the switch gear to see if the cable was parked in their, it was also plugged
    So then we start checking tubs for a parked elbows. Checked every tub no elbow parked.

So they had the loop tyed together. We decided to go to the N.O. that was plugged and open their
    I stayed @ the first tub off the run to see if it stayed on. It didn't.

It was easy to figure out after that. What do u guys think we did wrong?

2. Default

Too much thinking for this old fart, but sounds like they were using one of the dip poles for the open.

You said you went 2 tubs down and it was parked... That was your Open
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

Im not quite understanding what your saying,but it sounds like all the x elbows were really the y and the y was actually the x....you did mention the tagging was bad.....Or was there a third feed in there that wasnt on the lambert and the dispatchers knew nothing about....its happened before,Ive seen it .

5. Default

I will try to be more thorough. This circuit had two normal open emergency feeds. The first one was not in the
    Cabinet it was supposed to be but was two tubs down. The second normal open was not open they had the loop
    tyed together.

What happened was after we tried to open the second normal and lost power. We went to the switch gear that feeds the circuit normally through a enclosure. I started tonging cables and realized no load on the cable coming
    From the switch gear to enclosure.

At some point a outage had occurred on that circuit a troubleman was dispatched and closed the normal open.
    However they didn't ever replace the fuse in the switch gear or note that it needed replaced. The labeling comes
    in because on the map it shows none of the numbers matched. It was hard to get the dispatcher to
    Understand what was going on cause all he has are a bunch of maps that are wrong.

Umm I usta get cALLSTHAT THE THE METER WUZ SPINNIG LIKE MAD N THE CUSTOMER SWORE NUTTIN WUZ TURNED ON ANY GUESSES AS TO WHAT THE DEAL WUZ?

For Urban.......a situation like that is tough when you have already put in 20 or so hours....scratching your head again and again. For Poot........yes meters can spin fast....was this at an apartment complex where the meter spinning wasnt really his and he was still getting billed for it?

Umm nope wuzza reglar ol house

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Umm I usta get cALLSTHAT THE THE METER WUZ SPINNIG LIKE MAD N THE CUSTOMER SWORE NUTTIN WUZ TURNED ON ANY GUESSES AS TO WHAT THE DEAL WUZ?
    Maybe someone tapped into his service... Or he had some old appliances.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

Featured Sponsorr

Umm Bingo it wuzza hot wtr htr n sumbody inside had jus gotta wash job