Thread: Been awhile

Default Been awhile

Featured Sponsor

Well folks, I thought I would check in. Spent July in the USA. It was great to see old friends, travel with ease and drink beer while eating bacon..... Sent time in NC, Utah, Idaho and PA. In Idaho I camped in the mountains around Stanley. Pretty close to Sun Valley. Did a little fishing and rafting onthe Salmon river. Bought a truck in Boise too... A 1982 small pickup that is stock.... And gets over 40 miles to the gallon. Diesel Issusu Pup. It makes me wonder.... If we could make a vehicle that got 40 miles to the gallon in 1982, why can't we now?

Now I sit watching my trainees practice installing meters in the practice yard in Abbotabad. It's a few miles from where they got Bin Laden. Nice quiet town with very little crime or conflict. This course is simple enough. We take 4 days to teach meter install. Long time for that? Nope, the first three days are basic safety. Basic tools, handlines, hard hats, hot sticks and grounds. They practice with all of the tools and equipment in the practice yard, then I make them do pole top rescue. The last day we install service drops and meters.

None of these guys have ever seen a shotgun stick or a good set of grounds. They do not wear uniforms or hard hats because they don't want the consumers to know they work for the hated power company. We are trying to change that. I have also introduced them to specification books. The guys did not know they existed. That said, I can understand why nothing is built to standard specifications. Why nuts and bolts don't have washers installed and why technical losses are a major issue.

In the next few weeks we will start a safety meeting program. We will start with our teams installing meters. Once the new equipment arrives, I will begin training folks in the operations and maintenance crews. If all goes well, we will start making a real difference in safety and loss reduction.

Take care all!

2. Default

Good To hear from ya Bob! I was hopin by the sound of the start that you had decided to stay in the states. Stay safe over there brother....
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

I always thought the flinstones and Bedrock didnt exsist.....guess I was wrong.....stay away from BamBam.

Default Here's to hope

Well, dog, I'm working on an exit in the next few months. If it works out I'll at least be on a different continent. Not sure which one though.

Reppy, I do duck duck when I hear bam bam....

Cheats guys!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RWD View Post
    Well, dog, I'm working on an exit in the next few months. If it works out I'll at least be on a different continent.
    Don't matter man...You can do "Humanitarian" and "Safety Linework" Stuff....in ALOT of Other countrys.

Ya need to get out of the one you're in.

I lived overseas for 20 years man, in that same area. BUT NOT the way you are livin and workin. You're a much better man than Me Bob. I could NOT do what you're doin. That's why I'm worried about ya. I "Know" How you're livin...
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Default Good one

Featured Sponsorr

Howdy stranger... Glad your keeping well.

Be lucky.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !