Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Talking

Featured Sponsor

Swampy,
    I hope you left out the booze in your "awshit" bag. That would be the first thing packed!

Just a quick question though? Bucket ankle high, with hot primary? Nothing like getting stuck with a wire brush in the back of the neck? Makes you feel like a man? Just like a wet snowfall, that piles 6" on your hard hat. MF'er tracks like a bitch, eh? The tracking feels like, when you sit on the shitter too long and your legs fall asleep. Tell me I'm wrong?

Later, Stanman
    If I wanted to go to work, I would of answered the phone!

n_ogden Guest

Stanman! where the hell have you been man?

Jeez! If the tracking was enough to make you feel like your legs feel when you sit on the bog too long then the current must have been in the region of 10mA plus.

Cool!

4. Default Ground Rod Trick

Alberta,Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this,but between work and honeydews,I've been pretty busy lately.What I'm talking about in regards to driving a groundrod by using only my hands and some water is pretty simple;you first start the groundrod into the ground keep bouncing it up and down until it dosen't want to go any farther.You then pull it up or out,and dump in a cup of water.Just keep repeating this procedure and before you know it your groundrod is in!

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive
    Jeez! If the tracking was enough to make you feel like your legs feel when you sit on the bog too long then the current must have been in the region of 10mA plus.

Cool!
    Glad I never measured that shit Clive! A man your size wouldn't be phased(yeah right), the reason it hits you in the back of the neck? That's where the sleeves end and the real skin begins. Ain't braggin', just sometimes do what you gotta do.

Quote Originally Posted by loadbreak55
    Alberta,Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this,but between work and honeydews,I've been pretty busy lately.What I'm talking about in regards to driving a groundrod by using only my hands and some water is pretty simple;you first start the groundrod into the ground keep bouncing it up and down until it dosen't want to go any farther.You then pull it up or out,and dump in a cup of water.Just keep repeating this procedure and before you know it your groundrod is in!
    May work for 1 rod? Not 2, 3, or 4, which is the standard here. 1 is easy, stick it in the pole hole! Was wonderin' myself?

7. Default groundrods

Yea,we used to just throw the rod into the polehole too!That is until we got an inspector who gave a shit.Since then,our rods have to be driven out 18" and 1' deep from the pole on new construction.I was refering to driving a rod at an existing pole when I do it by hand and with water. So far our engineering dept.isn't requireing the resistence testing,so we only drive one rod per installation. The light at the end of the tunnel;could be a freight train coming your way!

Bell Wrench Guest

Default strippin hendrix or tree wire

strippin hendrix or tree wire someone lost the stripper so we grabbed a torch and a knife. use your rubbers while holdin the propane torch fyi fire conducts.
    Oh. and for you oldies who put 3 shive rollers in every span....
    Have a small bucket go up as your pullin in the 3 hot legs, havem' rachet down the spacer on the messenger in the appropriate locations and let the hot legs slide on thru. no need to put 3 shives up everywhere. only on the poles and c brackets. Saves time and your back. Theres a tip for the oldies from the yougsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    Naw Clive....
    it weren't like that. How do I discribe it?....
    It was more like a "buzz" around your arms. Ya heard it more than felt it, but ya felt it.

Oh yea, It was still raining too. Many, many times.........

NOT nowdays though. Wouldn't EVEN think bout it.
    Sounds like corona discharge into the atmosphere. Was there a nice fresh bleach smell?

Default Primary URD Riser

Featured Sponsorr

Get the cable in place at the bottom of the pole. Slide on your pipe and kellum grip. Send either a rope or paper tape measure up to the guy in the air. Have him hold the rope in the position that you'd want your cable ending up up top the pole. Then he holds the rope tight against the pole and the groundman pulls the slack down out of the rope. Then about a foot below groundline have him tape the rope right to the cable. When he's done just drop the other end to the ground. Then pull the rope along side the cable until you get to the end. This is where you make your cut that you pull your concentrics back to. Just makes it so that you can terminate the cable on the ground instead of dragging everything up top. Also gives the guy on the ground something to do rather than watch you frame the pole.

I'm sure alot of guys already new how to do this, but I haven't see it posted yet. Have you heard of this Swampy?