Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44
  1. Default

Featured Sponsor

Had to sneak a 45' pole through some switchback on a tight single lane road with cars parked on the sides. We set the butt of the pole on the buckets hitch. Elevated with a short sling, stuck the digger out 4-5 feet (enough to not smash the bumper) picked the head up a foot or so, racked the boom and drove it in somewhat like a rear steer fire truck using both trucks.

Pretty common, probably been mentioned already, but, pulling high side leads to your cutouts after transformer install. Pull tight to bottom of your cutout, then go 6" past. Snip, snip, skin, skin, form, brap. Dun.

Same for pulling services to spreaders, except 9"(hang loose). Once you ding your service, pull each phase where it needs to go and measure 9" past point of attachment. Takes the Van Gogh artistic eye out of it. Snip, snip, snip. Dun.

I found that on 4kv to 16kv cutover (deenergized) double - deadends, no rigging is required. Whether it be a reframe or new pole, leave your 4 skirt polys and shoes in tact. Cut your DA's out and float your 2,3,4 phases. Slap the new set of dubs on, flop your phases on top of the new set, stretch out your 8 skirts and hammer down the new shoes, un-ding old and bam. Dun.

Default Pressure

Featured Sponsorr

For you newbies,
    Work a steady pace so you can last the day in hot weather or cold, don't burn yourself out just to show off skilled speed.
    I once had to continue working for 36 hrs. straight thru due to a bad storm that rolled in during normal working hours.
    Never go to work without proper sleep as you might get hit with a very long work cycle without rest. I had only gotten
    in around 4.5 hrs. prior. Slept solid.. for 15 ish hours when I got home, didn't even wake up to wizz.
    Make sure you take more food then you need for the day if you work out in the county...long day can
    have you starving with nothing to eat out in the middle of no mans land past normal hours!

Last edited by Lead Lineman TX, LA; 02-29-2020 at 09:07 AM.