Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Lizzy Borden Guest

Unhappy Company Radio

Featured Sponsor

Put a folder clip on the talk key on your company radio so you can not accidently play everything you say over the air.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy Borden
    Put a folder clip on the talk key on your company radio so you can not accidently play everything you say over the air.
    LMAO! I can only imagine what Ms. Lizzy can say. Heh. Too funny.

Houston, twenty yrs at HL&P then 3 yrs on the road.

The ratchiting handle on a set of isolaters is actually one of them there rodeo wrenches ya pay a hundred dollars for if ya buy one. But I'm sure no one is gonna take one from greed.
    2Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial matters? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! 1Corinthians 6

Linemo Guest

My trick of the trade is to always have a rope sling in your bucket it will get you out of more binds than superglue well it least it has for me cause its the best extra set of hands you have

Ya know Swamp, you n I think alot a like! Although I hate to admit it! LOL
    I too like a set of 6' comies with a bulldog grip. The new guys make up comies to extend way out to almost 25' ! Way too much rope for me! And a bulldog grip will fit about anything! Ya ever see the leather strap comies that Halls Equipment sells? A nice setup also.

Linemo Guest

Swamprat the set I have on my bucket are 25-30 feet long and they are great when you need em I used them the other day transfering triplex from the second story of a house to a new mast riser on an addition without having to let the service down across the road by myself !! But I am going to get me a short pair just like you use for those times you just need a little bit of rope!!

http://www.hallssafety.com/

they are under blocks n tackel, only they are nylon now a days.
    Last edited by loodvig; 02-16-2005 at 07:13 PM.

will Guest

Default tricks of the trade

I;m a old groundman and my trick is to cut little hole in my glove to send up splitbolts,cotter keys,copper sleeves and all the little things dropped off the pole.Can;t teach the young guns where to put the handline when on a pole they hang it at there feet.Lord help us . LOL

When cutting in a inline dead end [hot with gloves] to sectionalize a peice of line, turn the shoe upside down to put the nuts on saves going to the tool tray or calling down to the grunt for dropped nuts.

work safe or not at all spur

toptie Guest

Smile drivining ground rods by hand

Featured Sponsorr

years ago when I was working for corn tractors and we had to drive rods to achieve a reading of 25 mega ohms or 5 rods which ever came first, we used to hold a 3/4 head hex nut to the end of the first rod as we set it on the ground. The nut being slightly bigger than the 5/8 rod made driving ever how many rods you were driving easy, since all you were actually driving was the nut its self. From the contractors stand point we were achieving the goal, but in reality the ground wasn't as good because less surface of the rods was actually touching earth. That is the difference between quality work and contractor UNIT work.