Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Cool Walkin funny

Featured Sponsor

Gold Bond medicated powder in the drawers every morning during the summer heat stops it.
    Dont come down the same way ya went up
    Koga

lightningrod Guest

Thumbs up Slippery eels

After we wash our rubber it is coated with a silicone liquid and then put on racks to dry, about the time the silicone is wore off its about time to wash again anyway so we don't have to reapply in the field.

Thumbs up sliding guts

I use silicone spray
    CRC, electrical grade silicone
    Made by chemtrac same company that makes cable clean
    works great and when the hoses start to stick its about time for a bath anyhow

work safe
    otpig2

pike rat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat
    That's cool man.
    Noticed you're from the NW. You don't get much 98 degree weather up there, let alone...90% humidity.

Wonderin if any of the "boys" down in the south have used, or are usin that silicon spray? Would like to hear from them, and their take.

"Baby Powder"...Johnson and Johnson. :-)
    HEY SWAMP used silicon for sometime now works great .10 times better than power

dbrown20 Guest

Default silicon spray

Salisbury puts out some called Salco I believe. dbrown20

Default yeah, swampy

back when I climbed day in, day out, Your idea would have been helpful.

I was all the time looking for a place to stick my leathers,

your is a good idea.

But now, we have available these really cool plastic spring clips which I use regularly.

They are a diver's item, with a large clip for the guantlet of you gloves, and a smaller clip for wherever, belt, pocket, etc.

I now have one attached to my ear muffs, for when I am ready to try a questionable blown tx.

I roll up on a tx, blown, and "arm" myself, clipping my leathers and my earmuffs to my pocket, and putting kleins, channel locks, fuse, and finally, my beutiful extendo, of which I have used so much that I have developed rather large shoulder muscles.

Aww, all kidding aside, let me tell you, I love my job.

oldokie Guest

How about your groundmen having your tap rod made up all you have to do is twist it on. How about using a 12" ground rod for a bolt driver. Using a hot tap
    to twist your armor rod on works great on angel shoes in hot work.

Default #8 Copper

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat
    "all grown up with kids and bills" :-) :-) Ya think so? :-)
    Naw....
    Ya never grow up. You're always still a "Kid"....BUT...ya just ain't got TIME to PLAY, cause of all the Grown up shit ya got to deal with!!! :-)

"Back when I climbed day in, day out"
    COMEON man! :-) You're 20 years younger than me! :-)

Anyway.....Thank you sir. It was somethin I did, and served me well, with many uses, in my "number" of years in Linework. "A little #6 hard drawn copper on my right D ring....helped me out MANY times."
    I got caught with the same trick. A #8 hard drawn copper hook attached to the D ring: clipped in on it one day and nearly saw St Peter. I then changed it to the back loop.
    Regards,

Saline
    Salt, Pepper and Wind dried.

Tsplice Guest

Smile Happy Independence Day Everyone!!!

While your burning burgers,sizzling steaks,and hoisting hotdogs.I would just like to remind everyone.to put down the beer for a moment and HUG your kids and KISS the wife and above all,HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY---- HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!!Tsplice

meathlab Guest

Thumbs up skin wire

Featured Sponsorr

skin towards your chum not your thumb