Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Philippines

1. Exclamation Philippines

Featured Sponsor

Is it just me? Or maby our Media?

Surely
    a disaster of this magnitude...America and our military are not the only countrys responding with help and Relief to the Philippines.

WHERE is the HUMANITY from Other Countrys in Aid? Russia? Germany? Japan? China?

And yet I hear NOTHING in the American media about any other countrys helpin the Philippines... in this monumential disaster...except America. As usual.

Is this TRUE???

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/11...orm-survivors/
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

I believe the UK has pledged the equivalent of about 10 million US dollars.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Like most country's your media only reports what your country is doing.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle15368879/

I hear it was the strongest storm in history...much stronger than Katrina.....like a F-4 Tornado but it went on and on for hours.Can you imagine the mess it would have inflicted in your area?

5. Default

Good to hear Lewy, Clive.

America has sent a Carrier Battle group to the area. A carrier group like that, have incredible hospital facilities, All sorts helicoptors for transporting people and delivering supplies. And incredible organization of relief and help.

I'm sure a lot of countrys have participated, too bad our media....never mind.
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Blog Entries

I saw on the news last evening that at least 20 nations have pledged to help and send assistance. Airport is in such bad shape they they're saying no jet aircraft can use it yet. Saw C -130s on the news footage delivering supplies.
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Default In Manila now... Headed to the affected areas..

Hey guys... Long time. I was on vacation in Thailand scuba diving when I got the call out. Arrived Manila Saturday night. Spent Monday with the National Electric Administration sorting out details. Most of the affected areas are Electric membership cooperatives and members of NRECA, my employer. It's 2:15 am and we depart for the airport to fly into Iloilo for 2 days, then Tocloban for 2 days then Cebu and other areas to review the damage to the system and begin the planning to put it back together. I'll try to keep you all posted. Monday I have to return to Pakistan.... Bummer...

Rwd

RWD...glad to hear from you once more....Im going to assume that you have been to Thailand before,if not...what made you pick that area to go on a vacation....I guess what Im getting at is how far is Thailand from Pakistan,must be quite far....Anyway good luck in the Philppines,Im hearing that countries are giving millions......not hundreds of millions either....not much money for a large disaster like this storm....tell us what your seeing and if you can take a few photos the better...good luck and stay safe.

Default Plilippines and Thailand

Reply, I'm a diver from way back. Pakistan has been a bit draining. Thailand is 4.5 hours by air from PK. This was my third trip to Thailand for diving this year. That said, the Philippines is also a diving Mecca... But it is a 12 hour trip from Pakistan including layover. 5 hours from Thailand. Both locations have great diving (the PI has more locations to dive) but my favorite dive master is in Thailand and it's a quicker trip.

Today was rough. We got into the territory of three cooperatives that were hit pretty hard by the storm. The national transmission company was hit pretty hard to. Over 300 138kv towers down... Two of the three co-ops lost 90 to 95% of their poles. The other lost about 75%. All three are working hard to get wire back in the air. Two have connected load to some small generation in their territory. The last has to wait for the national grid to come online.

Tomorrow we head for to Cebu. From there we wil go to the famous Tacloban. I'll try to reduce some of the photos and get them posted.

Take care, rwd.....

Featured Sponsorr

Man all them towers down. . . . .sounds like a job for Bren!
    I spent 18 months in the PI back when I was in the USAF (50 yrs) at Clark Air Force Base near Manila. The base has been closed for years due to volcanic ash covering it in the 80's. If your not in a built up city the country side is rice patties or Jungle. The homes are built on stilts in many places so those high winds just snatch them up I imagine. Not much of a building code when I was there, it may be better now.