Thread: Altec aa55e

Default Altec aa55e

Featured Sponsor

Lets hear it fellas

My bucket is a aa55e material handler bucket.my question is do you guys have problems keeping ur bucket level cradle to cradle when it's level both ways????????????

Seem like when it's cold it's worse

Sometimes my leveling rods will hang up and as u articulate the upper boom the bucket will stay in the same position till gravity gets it so unlevel that the leveling rods let go and the bucket levels back..sometimes it will pop like the rods hang up somewhere on the inside of the boom

Wondering if any of u have experienced this on this type boom or others

It a 2012 model boom

I had a similar problem with an Altec back in the '90's. Make sure the leveling cables are well lubed. Also if that is a side by side knuckle make sure the knuckle bolts are tight and have the snap wire through them.

we have 2 of the 55e altecs and to the best of my knowledge, do not have this issue. I know that where the lower boom pivots on the turntable, there is a small hydraulic cylinder that moves in and out as the lower boom is raised and lowered. This small cylinder in turn effects the leveling system of the bucket itself. You may want to get a mechanic to test that cylinder to be ensure it is working properly and that the pressures in it are correct.
    Take only what you earn, give only what you can, learn to respect yourself before you can expect to respect anything or anyone else.

Same setup as the Altecs I worked on, for some reason the leveling never worked smooth, and every once in a while you had to adjust the bucket level.

Featured Sponsorr

Thanks guys I really appreciate it ill def get it checked out