Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Stealing Copper.. He was lucky

Featured Sponsor

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

Rob, is there any more info on this fools condition? I bet his lawyer tries to blame the utility for being so unsafe.

Looking at the picture, he had a set of hooks on, but apparently no knowledge of what he was messing with.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    Looking at the picture, he had a set of hooks on, but apparently no knowledge of what he was messing with.
    I noticed that too Charlie, wonder who he stole those from.........
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Thats a hell of a price to pay,and the bad thing is that he didnt even learn anything.

Sorry but sympathy is pretty low!
    We had one years ago climb a fence and cut wire. It blew his arm off, opened the breaker. A young, hungry lawyer took it to court and won because the 'danger, keep out' signs were not in Spanish.
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    Rob, is there any more info on this fools condition? I bet his lawyer tries to blame the utility for being so unsafe.
    Haven't heard anything else yet
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

A little shack on the side of a bluff in Western NC

About 5 or 6 years ago, we had an dude climb a 40' aluminum ladder that he rested against a flood light bracket...and was going to get an escaped parrot off the primary. He went phase to phase on the bottom of 2 cutouts feeding a 3 phase tap. When he fell, his foot went thru the drip loop of some triplex, and twisted into a half hitch...and there he hung upside down. One of our guys in a service bucket helped the fire dept. get him down, but he died a week later in the burn center.
    I'm much too young to feel this damm old!

Default New laws in the uk

Because of the very high price of copper in the uk they have brought in a new laws to try and " discourage " theft

no scrap yard is allowed to pay cash for scrap copper any more.
    they have to take your VECHICLE reg. Plus they must pay into your bank account, so the money is traceable.
    But thieves are already working around the law by getting false number plates and using stooges to allow them use their bank accounts for a percentage of the profits...
    But it may discourage some thieves.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Featured Sponsorr

Bren.... We have similiar laws here. I believe they are suppose to photo copy your drivers license. But I think many scrap yards will do what they have to in order to make money!