Default switching apprenticehips?

Featured Sponsor

hey guys i'm just after a bit of advice. im currently a 2nd year apprentice in the inside wireman program out of local #41 IBEW in buffalo but i would really like to get into the outside wireman program (lineman)....but i know its not that easy. i applied for the NEAT apprenticeship a few weeks ago but i havent heard anything yet. i remember the process of applying #41 took some time. i know i would have to start at the bottom and im ready for that but my big question is what would happen to my union ticket i have now as well as what would happen to my pension if i were to be fortunate enough to be accepted. just wondering what some people in the field would suggest and if it helps at all my jurisdiction is local #1249.

also curious if anyone out there knows alot about the NEAT apprenticeship as far as schooling.

thanks alot

Umm I dont bleve t qud affect yer pension at all and as far as yer ticket iy will read Journeyman Lineman stedda wireman n alla this depends on you bean accepted inna program sumwheres

Default Ski

Featured Sponsorr

The NEAT program has produced many good Lineman. They do (or did) stay involved with
    where you were as your training progressed. The book work can be tough towards the end.
    Well worth trying to get accepted. They may not start you at the bottom since you do have some experience. You can talk to the committee about that.

And like Poot said .. You shouldn't lose anything switching local unions.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."