Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Featured Sponsor

Hey what's up guys!
    i see that this thread has been pretty inactive, but I figured I'd give it a shot and ask a few questions. Does anyone have any info on the maths section for the groundman test with Edison. Just curious if the questions on it are pretty similar to what's in the practice tests online. And also how many questions where there? And how much time was given??

2. Default

Hey what's up man first off congrats!
    Just wanted to ask you since you just recently took the test, how was it? What kind of stuff was on the math and how many questions in how much time? Any info would really be appreciated I test this Thursday and my nerves are shot lol. Please get back to me as soon as you can thanks man!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by So Cal Rooted View Post
    I know this is an old topic, but today I just got scheduled for the physical performance test for the groundman positions for SCE. Anyone else in the same boat? Anyone know if they need to hire a lot of new groundman? Or is there just few spots with a bunch of applicants?
    hey what's up man first off congrats!
    i wanted to ask how the test was? What kind of questions were on it? I've been studying my ass of but I'm still really nervous. Been waiting to get on for a long time. And wanna do everything in my power to make sure I pass the test. Any info would be such a huge help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rdavis04 View Post
    hey what's up man first off congrats!
    i wanted to ask how the test was? What kind of questions were on it? I've been studying my ass of but I'm still really nervous. Been waiting to get on for a long time. And wanna do everything in my power to make sure I pass the test. Any info would be such a huge help!!
    Thanks RDavis04! Well I passed the Cast test like 2 years ago. I was told that my cast test results will always be good until they revise the test. So I didn't have to take it again. It is basically general education and math questions (almost exactly like the test guide you can get online). Go as fast as you can WHILE GETTING THE RIGHT ANSWERS. It is better to do less with right answers than to do more with a lot of wrong answers. I have taken several tests with Edison and the groundman test was by far the easiest. There isn't any electrical theory on it or anything. If you know fractions, percentages, and basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division you should be fine. It amazes me how many people go into the test thinking they have to finish every section and fail because they guess. ITS OK IF YOU DON'T GET TO ALL THE ?s. And if you don't know one question, skip it and don't attempt to answer it. Good luck on the test. You will be fine. Go in confident. You got this!

5. Default

Thanks RDavis04! Well I passed the Cast test like 2 years ago. I was told that my cast test results will always be good until they revise the test. So I didn't have to take it again. It is basically general education and math questions (almost exactly like the test guide you can get online). Go as fast as you can WHILE GETTING THE RIGHT ANSWERS. It is better to do less with right answers than to do more with a lot of wrong answers. I have taken several tests with Edison and the groundman test was by far the easiest. There isn't any electrical theory on it or anything. If you know fractions, percentages, and basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division you should be fine. It amazes me how many people go into the test thinking they have to finish every section and fail because they guess. ITS OK IF YOU DON'T GET TO ALL THE ?s. And if you don't know one question, skip it and don't attempt to answer it. Good luck on the test. You will be fine. Go in confident. You got this!
    Thanks man I'm so nervous I'm the 4th generation so I have to pass it's all I've ever wanted to do. How much time is allowed during the math section? It's really the only part I'm nervous about. And the other sections are pretty simple? What kind of stuff did you see on it? Sorry to pry just really trying to get any help and info I can.

Cool

Thanks man I'm so nervous I'm the 4th generation so I have to pass it's all I've ever wanted to do. How much time is allowed during the math section? It's really the only part I'm nervous about. And the other sections are pretty simple? What kind of stuff did you see on it? Sorry to pry just really trying to get any help and info I can.
    Im not exactly sure but I believe there are like 3 or 4 sections to the math. It was like a few years ago but I do remember that the questions are almost exactly like the practice test. So if you don't have any problems with the practice test, you should be good. I do remember that one portion of the math was very limited on time. I think like 4 minutes or something. And there is like a ridiculous amount of questions to answer within that time. Don't sweat it! I think I only answered like 8 questions but I damn sure made them count (I know I answered them all correct). I just remembered thinking "Damn! I don't think I answered enough to pass!" I think the test is tying to see how you act under pressure and if you can be accurate under the gun. After I found out I passed, It really took the stress off of the next tests I took with them. I've taken a meter technician test, a planner test, an apprentice substation operator/trainee test, and a construction helper test. All the math sections seem to be the same. And every time I work as quickly as I can but don't mind If I skip some or don't get to them all. I have passed all tests. I think the only thing that will hold you back is your nerves. Maybe rub one out before you test. LOL J/K

7. Default

Im not exactly sure but I believe there are like 3 or 4 sections to the math. It was like a few years ago but I do remember that the questions are almost exactly like the practice test. So if you don't have any problems with the practice test, you should be good. I do remember that one portion of the math was very limited on time. I think like 4 minutes or something. And there is like a ridiculous amount of questions to answer within that time. Don't sweat it! I think I only answered like 8 questions but I damn sure made them count (I know I answered them all correct). I just remembered thinking "Damn! I don't think I answered enough to pass!" I think the test is tying to see how you act under pressure and if you can be accurate under the gun. After I found out I passed, It really took the stress off of the next tests I took with them. I've taken a meter technician test, a planner test, an apprentice substation operator/trainee test, and a construction helper test. All the math sections seem to be the same. And every time I work as quickly as I can but don't mind If I skip some or don't get to them all. I have passed all tests. I think the only thing that will hold you back is your nerves. Maybe rub one out before you test. LOL J/K
    Thanks man I'm praying that it all goes smoothly. Thanks for the advice man I'm gonna use it when I test Thursday. Fingers crossed man!!

Default The Old timers use to tell us...

Have a few beers before you go in.... Now, Rub one out !!
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Have a few beers before you go in.... Now, Rub one out !!
    LOL! That would ease the tension.

Featured Sponsorr

Thanks man I'm praying that it all goes smoothly. Thanks for the advice man I'm gonna use it when I test Thursday. Fingers crossed man!!
    So how did the test go?