Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
  1. Default SoCal Edison Groundman

Featured Sponsor

Just applied to SoCal Edison for a few of their groundman positions they just had open. Does anybody know how tough it is to get into this position without a pole climbing cert? I just graduated college with a 4 year degree, have my CPR, and EMT. While applying, it asked if I had gone to any lineman schools, but was not require to apply for the position.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

A cert is probably preferred. Honestly they would prob want most qualified person, cert, line experience. These companies can be picky because they prob received a couple thousand applications with all kinds of back grounds.

My advice, go get a cert from NLC or move to Texas and get on as a groundman then try and and come back to the sunshine state.

Again just my .02$

I applied for the position too. I have a climbing cert and am going to get re-certified for traffic control and going to get at least my class A permit again. I worked as an apprentice for sdge when an injury took me out, but back to 100% again and looking to get another apprenticeship. I called the IBEW 47 the other day and they are not accepting applications at this time. MSLCAT however is accepting applications. I would recommend getting a climbing cert as well. Good luck and keep us posted. Im wondering how long its going to take to hear back from them. SDGE took about a year for the whole hiring process.

Edison has had a bunch of groundman openings since this post, have you applied to them as well? I haven't heard anything back from them, wonder what the hold up is?

I finally got a response from Edison for a groundman position in Blythe. I got referred to testing so Im going to hit the books and refresh on the CAST test.

Look like Im the only one on this thread now, but Ill still update it for those that lurk. Just took the CAST test for Edison, I studied a lot but the math part was pretty hard. 7 mins for 18 questions. I got 8 done. Everything else was easy. So if I passed the math I should be good to go to the physical portion. Good luck to whoever else took it. Lot of NLC and East LA training Center guys there.

There was a handful of my buddies that took the test. They all passed. Was it pretty thick down there? I didnt apply...

8. Default

I was there today too, where you there at 8:30 or 12:30?.. test wasn't to bad, math was pretty tough i got through problem 13. Hopefully we passed, good luck!

It was very thick down there and the have been testing for a few days from what I hear. I went to the 1230 test. I finished all sections but only got to 9 in the math, I studiied the eei study guides alot too, just suck at math. I heard that its not about how many you do in the math, but how many you got right. Good luck man, let me know if you passed. Maybe Ill see you at the physical portion.

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

yea man it was a full when i took the test. and yea i think they been testing since last week, my classmate took the test last week and he took and passed his physical portion today, got an interview for next week. so it seems like the process is going fast.

I just checked my email and I did pass, they haven't given me my appointment for the physical portion, but I'm just waiting on that