Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
Results 131 to 140 of 140
  1. #131

    Default Rejection Email

    Featured Sponsor

    Got a rejection email last week for the transmission groundman for RIALTO. For now, still 'under consideration' for TG for Valencia and Hesperia


    No email about the physical CAST test for the Distribution positions yet

  2. #132

    Default Waiting for final interview

    Hey whats up guys!

    so i passed the physical performance test and it wasnt too hard but very stressful for the first test. If the rope slips during the rope pull test, its a fail and you wont be able to continue so be aware of your grip strength. Another thing too is that they give you brand new leather gloves so you dont really have that much traction with the rope so they suggest turning them inside out, dab a little bit of water and rub some dirt on them. I listen to them and performed so much better following what they said. the other 2 tests are pretty easy. just gotta move some crates then fill up some empty buckets of rocks

    Now, im waiting for an email from SCE for a Final Interview. I'll let you guys know whats going on for the ppl that are still reading this thread

  3. #133

    Default Applied again

    Hey whats up guys! its been months since the last post but this is the latest update.

    so i got denied for the 18 different groundsman positions. i passed the battery test on the computer, and also passed the physical test but they did not choose me for the interview process. there is about 15 different groundsman positions available now and just applied for them again. The only difference now is that, I don't need to do those tests again and I get pushed through the final step so they have to decide to give me an interview or not. Also, now that some time has passed, I have been employed with the 1245 IBEW since the end of July and have "some" experience on my resume. Hopefully things go well! Good luck everyone!

  4. Default CAST test

    Hey guys, I am testing for the CAST on Tuesday and I am nervous. For anyone who has taken it recently, is it true that you should skip the questions you know you will answer wrong and not try to guess, and focus on the ones that you think you can get right??? Or should you try to answer as many as you can? Any and all help would be appreciated. I did the HireVue interview about 2 weeks ago, and then was invited to do the workstyle test, which I took and passed, and then it prompted me right away to schedule for the CAST test next week.

  5. Default CAST test

    Quote Originally Posted by PeeWii View Post
    Hey whats up guys! its been months since the last post but this is the latest update.

    so i got denied for the 18 different groundsman positions. i passed the battery test on the computer, and also passed the physical test but they did not choose me for the interview process. there is about 15 different groundsman positions available now and just applied for them again. The only difference now is that, I don't need to do those tests again and I get pushed through the final step so they have to decide to give me an interview or not. Also, now that some time has passed, I have been employed with the 1245 IBEW since the end of July and have "some" experience on my resume. Hopefully things go well! Good luck everyone!
    Hey guys, I am testing for the CAST on Tuesday and I am nervous. For anyone who has taken it recently, is it true that you should skip the questions you know you will answer wrong and not try to guess, and focus on the ones that you think you can get right??? Or should you try to answer as many as you can? Any and all help would be appreciated. I did the HireVue interview about 2 weeks ago, and then was invited to do the workstyle test, which I took and passed, and then it prompted me right away to schedule for the CAST test next week.

  6. Default Update

    Think I may be the only one active on here right now, but just wanted to see if anyone has received any interviews? Took and passed the CAST a couple of weeks ago, and passed the physical last week. Just waiting to hopefully get an interview. Also received another HireVue for the other locations that I applied to, and did that on Saturday. Hoping to hear something back soon.

  7. Default

    hey there, I have been reading your posts. I completed the CAST and Hirevue interview too. Now just waiting to find out if I can go for the physical which would happen Dec 15 - 21. Any tips for completing the physical? Is the physical done one person at a time or amongst a group?

  8. Default Physical

    Quote Originally Posted by MachoMan View Post
    hey there, I have been reading your posts. I completed the CAST and Hirevue interview too. Now just waiting to find out if I can go for the physical which would happen Dec 15 - 21. Any tips for completing the physical? Is the physical done one person at a time or amongst a group?
    Hey, congrats on passing those two! I would read the previous posts and the info on their website regarding what is done during the test. People are divided into groups of 2 or 3, then each group has their turn in performing. I would do some cardio and shoulder exercises to prep for it. Also turn your gloves they give you inside out and put some dirt and water so that you don't slip when doing the pulled weights. If the rope slips, its an automatic fail. For me they emailed us the next day with the results. I know in previous posts people said they found out same day as physical. I got that same email as you regarding the physical test in Dec, but I literally just completed it last week. So I hope they don't make me do it again. I did all the testing for the Santa Barb and Compton locations cause those were "under consideration" first, then the rest of the locations I applied to (all 14) went under consideration and then they made me do a HireVue again for those locations.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JSimoes View Post
    Think I may be the only one active on here right now, but just wanted to see if anyone has received any interviews? Took and passed the CAST a couple of weeks ago, and passed the physical last week. Just waiting to hopefully get an interview. Also received another HireVue for the other locations that I applied to, and did that on Saturday. Hoping to hear something back soon.
    I just made this account just to reply to you hah! I did testing on November 23rd I believe and I'm sure we tested together. Edison requested 3 different hirevue videos from me and I only completed 1 because it didn't seem to make sense that they wanted 3 of the same videos. Do ALL of them no matter what. I was only put under consideration for like 6 out of the 20 groundman jobs I applied for because I did not complete all their hirevue videos. Hope that helps with anyone questioning multiple hirevue requests.

  10. Default Edison individual contributor work style

    Featured Sponsorr

    hey guys was wondering if anyone had any tips for passing the individual contributor work style test edison makes groundman take. I have heard it referred to as a "personality test" before too. I took it in 2021 and failed which was definitely frustrating because I passed the CAST test portion. is there a specific way of answering the questions or time limit that I am missing? the study guide and info they have on the test is very vague and doesn't reveal much, and the test questions themselves also made practically no sense throughout. Any advice I could get to help pass it or study up on it would be much appreciated!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •