Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Featured Sponsor

Yep, i tested the same day as you OZZY but have yet to get an interview date, they told me the same day that i passed the physical. Yes i do think they are backed up well thats what the hiring people told me. good luck to all you guys!

2. Default Friend was hired

My friend who interviewed the same day I did, July 21 got called yesterday with a job offer. He goes to orientation next week and starts training the week after. Edison updated alot of my apps to No Longer Under Consideration. Some read referred to interview, some read Under Consideration, and a couple read Complete.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 2MUCH View Post
    My friend who interviewed the same day I did, July 21 got called yesterday with a job offer. He goes to orientation next week and starts training the week after. Edison updated alot of my apps to No Longer Under Consideration. Some read referred to interview, some read Under Consideration, and a couple read Complete.
    I have the exact same situation going as you, 2MUCH. I interviewed July 21st. I currently have a bunch that read 'no longer under consideration', four that read 'referred to interview' one 'under consideration' and one 'complete'. I am dying wondering what these mean. Your friend who got the call, do you know if any of his status's read refer to interview before he got the call? Also, do you know if got any 'no longer under considerations' before he got the call?

4. Default

No, they never changed his profile. He just got a call with an offer. Same with me, nothing changed on my profile and they called me with an offer on Monday the 25th and I went down to Rosemead Friday and had a physical and did all my paperwork. They offered me a job for one of the jobs that still read referred to testing from early July.

Good news is I got hired! Bad news is I don't start til mid October. They said they might move my date up, but no guarantee. I was just so stoked to get hired I forgot to ask about what all the different things meant, but I know what you mean - a simple yea or nay would be easier!

good luck!

5. Default

Thanks for that. I still haven't heard back from them and nothing has been updated for the past couple of weeks but thankfully I have a few other job possibilities going for me. Hope you enjoy your job.

6. Default

Don't get discouraged - I applied for over a year. There will be alot of jobs with the new development going in along Highway 126 and along 5 with the Fort Tejon project. From talking to the other guys if you have a CDL and a clean driving record it really helps. Also the Cal Nev JATC is taking apps this month.

7. Default

Good news is I got hired! Bad news is I don't start til mid October. They said they might move my date up, but no guarantee. I was just so stoked to get hired I forgot to ask about what all the different things meant, but I know what you mean - a simple yea or nay would be easier!
    You training in Chino mid-October? I was hired as Groundman, had original start date this week (first Groundman class) but my background process took longer than their cutoff, so they moved me up to the Oct. class.

8. Default

Got a voicemail on Friday from Edison. I passed the background process and start November 3. Any input from anyone who has gone through it? My understanding is it is 5 days, but I don't know how many people are there or what they will be training/testing us on. Is it enough to lift weights and practice climbing or is there other stuff to practice? I got time to work out cuz I sure don't want to crash and burn during training after waiting so long to get hired.

9. Default

Got a voicemail on Friday from Edison. I passed the background process and start November 3. Any input from anyone who has gone through it? My understanding is it is 5 days, but I don't know how many people are there or what they will be training/testing us on. Is it enough to lift weights and practice climbing or is there other stuff to practice? I got time to work out cuz I sure don't want to crash and burn during training after waiting so long to get hired.
    You'll be starting with my buddy, he got his start date Nov 3rd.
    5 days? I'm in Chino training from Oct. 6th-Oct. 24th, and yes, supposed to include climbing, as they request to bring "climbing tools" from the e-mail I got. Training also includes CDL if you do not have one. What yard location are you stationed in?

Featured Sponsorr

I know this is an old topic, but today I just got scheduled for the physical performance test for the groundman positions for SCE. Anyone else in the same boat? Anyone know if they need to hire a lot of new groundman? Or is there just few spots with a bunch of applicants?