Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Featured Sponsor

I just got an email this morning confirming I passed the physical performance test. Hope I get an interview.

Just got scheduled an interview. Ill update what happened on Friday.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Just had the interview. It was like it was the last time I had it years ago. Tell me about yourself, what is your biggest weakness, etc. There were 3 panel members. I felt like it went great. I was ready for this kind of interview. I came in confident and feel like I crushed it. Now I have to wait and see what happens. Ill keep y'all posted.

Just got contacted for a second interview for the same groundman positions! Nobody else? I was told it is too see if I would be a good fit at particular locations. I give an update on Friday.

Just got an offer for a groundman position! Not sure when I start yet. I feel so blessed! I can't wait to start my new career. Anyone else get hired or still in the process?

Wow, i remember reading this forum's post a couple years ago, never ended up making an account here until today. I have also been on a mission to work for SoCal Edison as a groundman. When i read this post, i had only been working at AT&T as a telecom lineman for a year and was looking to move into Power. I found out the hard way that it is so competitive that a climbing school was necessary. I ended up quiting my job after 3 years at ATT, and attending NLC in Oroville. Now im graduating, and got another interview coming up in November for Transmission Groundman. Wow, what a difference its going to be in the interview. How is everyone doing so far? SoCal Rooted- Your still with Edison? Must be moving up the 3-4th step apprentice by now?

7. Default

This thread has been real informative and thought I'd add my experience thus far in the distribution groundman application process. I applied for one of many groundman positions on Nov. 20th. I received email to test for CAST test and Hodge safety test for Dominguez Hills, which resembles one of those personality tests, on Dec. 3rd and received results that I had passed pretty much just few hours after testing. Got an email for a digital interview on Dec 9th. and sat in front of my phone as soon as i got the email eventhough I had until the 13th. So that's where I'm at in the process with application status being "Completed" which was changed right after testing. Seems like no one in this thread had to go through a digital interview. I feel like I get more nervous in those digital interviews not a big fan of them. Any others applied recently?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alburrito View Post
    This thread has been real informative and thought I'd add my experience thus far in the distribution groundman application process. I applied for one of many groundman positions on Nov. 20th. I received email to test for CAST test and Hodge safety test for Dominguez Hills, which resembles one of those personality tests, on Dec. 3rd and received results that I had passed pretty much just few hours after testing. Got an email for a digital interview on Dec 9th. and sat in front of my phone as soon as i got the email eventhough I had until the 13th. So that's where I'm at in the process with application status being "Completed" which was changed right after testing. Seems like no one in this thread had to go through a digital interview. I feel like I get more nervous in those digital interviews not a big fan of them. Any others applied recently?
    i’m pretty much at the same place as you man. We were probably testing on the same day over there in Rosemead. i’ve just been anxiously checking my emails the second I wake up every day. Still nothing yet…

9. Default

Ohh man! Ill do the same and also check SCE site to see of any status change! Hopefully we hear back soon!

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Got an email for a physical performance test for 1/13/2020!