Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cool Our Woodworkers!

Featured Sponsor

How cool is that??!! I just read the Spring issue of the magazine and CH(ChicagoHand) and Duckhunter is in it for their woodworks! Haven't heard from CH in a great while, but Duck does keep in touch with me sharing his great carvings. I still have all of CH's pens and the coin tray he made. The Boss and I both use that. It sits out on our counter. And the pens sit on my desk in the computer room. They still work too!

Byron did a great job on these articles by diggin' you boys up! What a wonderful way to get to know you boys! Loved it! The Boss says, "You know these guys?" LOL! Yep, I sure do. Been good friends of theirs from waaaay back! Remember CH built a few things for me. Mentioning me (and Swamprat) in the article got his attention CH.

Love the wood carvings Duckhunter! Keep them coming buddy! CH, those boys of yours are growing like weeds. Great pic of you and your family buddy!

You guys might have posted about this already. I tried looking for the thread but couldn't find any....not that started with Duckhunter or ChicagoHand in it anyway. To me....THIS was NEWS around here! I kinda like to skip over that other BS, if you don't mind! LOL!

Default Thanks LA

Thanks for posting. I have been really busy with family, work, church. I haven't had much time to get into the shop and make some sawdust out of really expensive wood lately.

Umm I reckon them 2 is whatcha call PHDs(Purdy Handy Dudes)

Default For me

Carve one for me...
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Blog Entries

Well hello Gracie!! Hope all is well!! Good article on Chitown and Duck, enjoyed it!
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Hey Georgie!

Bren, now that is some sawdust!

Always a pleasure to stop by and visit you guys.

I do have a question.....what kind of wood are you using for your lathe or carvings?

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Umm I reckon them 2 is whatcha call PHDs(Purdy Handy Dudes)
    And I miss you Poot!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    Well hello Gracie!! Hope all is well!! Good article on Chitown and Duck, enjoyed it!
    Wasen't That article Cool!!

I just LOVE my Pen from Chitown, every time I pick it up, I think of him. I've had it for...least 4 years. Just Totally awesome. Every time I pull it out...I end up in a 10 min. discussion!

...AND, the magnificent cutting board he made especially to my specifications.

Admire the carvings of Duck, another magnificent "Lineman Artist".

We got come cool "Artists" on this board.
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Thanks for the kind words folks. I've been out of town all week. Like I said in the article, I wish I'd taken lessons years ago. The apprentice carving is almost done, I'll send pictures when it is. I'm pretty happy about the cane heads we are carving for veterans now. They are beautiful, I look forward to sharing the canes with our veterans and the pictures with all of you.

Just remember, "talent is a persued interest"
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Featured Sponsorr

A couple for some co workers.
    Attached Images Attached Images